False sense of security

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: False sense of security

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am

Wearing a safety harness/belt properly is the key. You can't have 3 feet of slack. You need to have it set up so if something happens you can't leave the stand platform. When you are seated just a few inches of slack is all that's needed. There is no false sense of security for me. It is real security.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 am

Stanley wrote:Wearing a safety harness/belt properly is the key. You can't have 3 feet of slack. You need to have it set up so if something happens you can't leave the stand platform. When you are seated just a few inches of slack is all that's needed. There is no false sense of security for me. It is real security.

X2, I have my strap set up so that when I sit, its just about to tug on me, Im pretty sure if I fell there would be no scenario where I couldnt get back to my platform.
G3s
500 Club

Unread postby G3s » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Check this harness out...www.mountaineer-sports.com
NatureBoy
500 Club

Unread postby NatureBoy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:11 am

Stanley wrote:Wearing a safety harness/belt properly is the key. You can't have 3 feet of slack. You need to have it set up so if something happens you can't leave the stand platform. When you are seated just a few inches of slack is all that's needed.

Yep, when setting up it's important to reach up as high as possible to set your tree tether. Still, if you set up on an angled tree and lost your balance, it's possible to swing several feet away from the tree. Also it's harder to get back up with bulky hunting clothes on. All things to be aware of and keep in mind.
Scout, scout, scout, hunt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”