Are you more motivated by success or failure?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Are you more motivated by success or failure?

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:31 am

Darion wrote:I am motivated by both, failures always whittle away those things that do not work. They show me the errors in my tactics, my abilities or my knowledge. Success is awesome and it doesn't always need to be a buck down for me to feel like I have accomplished something or advanced, it could be seeing a buck in a new set or following a hunch and at the end of the day finding what I was looking for. Success comes at the end of alot of hard work, sweat and determination. I may have gotten lucky here or there but that never compares to when I was intentional.
Success is relational to where you are, the buck I am happy to take this year will not compare to those of the veterans on this site, But like it was said earlier the more bucks that I have under my belt and the more I learn the higher I will raise my own bar. If on the other hand I went out with the intention of outhunting everyone here I would become so frustrated that I would be incapable to focus and give up. I am motivated by all of your success, and that drives me to push myself.

I think this applies to a lot of hunters.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
gjs4
500 Club

Re: Are you more motivated by success or failure?

Unread postby gjs4 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:00 am

Have had enough failure in 2013 and 14 that I am motivated- hoping to better the results though some days it seems i am just motivated to quit hunting :liar:
Green and growing... Or red and rotting

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”