Jackson County WI

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dehart89
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chad.dehart.89

Re: Jackson County WI

Unread postby dehart89 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Doing some searching for some info in the Jackson County Forest & Black River State Forest area. Was wondering if anyone has any information on the area. My father-in-law is heading up there (Tall Pine Lodge) with a group of guys that he's usually gone up to Cable before. Figured they'd come closer to home a little bit. I can't make it this year, I have work over that weekend. (First weekend in Nov.) For that time of year, is it better to concentrate more in the woods or more the marsh? Good & Bad areas to go to or stay away from. Any help would be grateful, since I can only do so much and there are over 200,000 acres in that area.

"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together" ~ Fred Bear

"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ~ Kirby Puckett
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:50 am

Watch out for the elk!
whitetail4ever

Unread postby whitetail4ever » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 pm

I live and hunt in Jackson County, and from my short experience hunting around here the last 10 years, I can tell you I would not want to or need to hunt anywhere else! I mostly hunt private land, but the public is dynamite and there is a ton of it. PM me if you have any questions about the area. I live in Black River Falls...
The woods has so much to offer to the human soul...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”