Wicked Tough Hand Saw – NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Beason
500 Club

Re: Wicked Tough Hand Saw – NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

Unread postby Beason » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:55 pm

The whole, "made in usa" has gotten out of hand. People don't realize that our OWN people are causing this whole ruckus. sorry if I offend alot of guys on this forum (and yes, I know I am) but, it's reality, unfortunately...

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:07 pm

jack_4mn wrote:The whole, "made in usa" has gotten out of hand. People don't realize that our OWN people are causing this whole ruckus. sorry if I offend alot of guys on this forum (and yes, I know I am) but, it's reality, unfortunately...

Hate to side track Todds thread, and I'm not offended, but I think we all realize the American people and our disposable society is the cause for goods being produced over seas. If you're referring to the discussion on this thread as ruckus, I think it just shows a bunch of guys who are sad that we are dependent on China for the production of our goods. I have no problem buying something made in another country if it is a quality product and will get the job done but given the opportunity I will spend my money on US made products, and sometimes more importantly locally made products.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 pm

That has become part of the equation of the "American Dream". I didn't create it, it just evolved. Who made the computer you're typing on? I'm just saying (yes, i still think your posts are interesting). We all know it, why cry about it. I think it would be more humbling and more meaningful if ppl just went about their own personal choices and took action instead of blurting out your opinions on a deer hunting forum (like i'm doing now..). But whatever, we all have our freedom of speech. and no, you didnt sidetrack todd's post, it was already done. Sorry Backwoods, i hope you dont personally take offense by a guy youve never met before but i find it to be a pointless argument in the end.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:24 pm

muddy wrote:
Indianahunter wrote:Not trying to sound impatient but have you received inventory and started shipping yet sir?

I saw Todd posted on iowawhitetail earlier today saying that he spent all weekend packing boxes and most of today mailing them out and if you ordered before today your saw is in the mail.

SAWeet......Thanks for the update Matt!
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 am

jack_4mn wrote:That has become part of the equation of the "American Dream". I didn't create it, it just evolved. Who made the computer you're typing on? I'm just saying (yes, i still think your posts are interesting). We all know it, why cry about it. I think it would be more humbling and more meaningful if ppl just went about their own personal choices and took action instead of blurting out your opinions on a deer hunting forum (like i'm doing now..). But whatever, we all have our freedom of speech. and no, you didnt sidetrack todd's post, it was already done. Sorry Backwoods, i hope you dont personally take offense by a guy youve never met before but i find it to be a pointless argument in the end.

No offense taken sir I see where you're coming from and agree a deer hunting forum is the last place it should be discussed.

Sorry again Todd and good luck with the sale of those saws!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:18 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:Hey todd which model silkys were you breaking? Thats impressive because Silky makes a helluva saw.

They alwasy break when you bend them in half like in the video. :D

Just having some fun Todd, when my saw fails me I will probably invest in one of your heavy duty models. The one thing I am not afraid to spend $$$ on is hunting equipment and tools.
WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 am

Yes, they are in-stock and shipping daily. Dan Infalt, send me an email with your mailing address please. todd@wickedtreegear.com

I had been using the Silky Accel I believe it's called. Handle breaks at the blade lock, time and time again. I'm very hard on equipment though, and you would think paying $50/pop for those Silky's would mean you wouldn't break them. That was not the case, thus; Wicked was born....

Thanks for the support guys - sorry if you won't buy a saw unless it's made in the USA. You'll be searching a-long time to find one!
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 am

Looks like a good saw. Another indestructible saw is the Hooyman Saw. It also comes with an extentable handle for those hard to reach branches, great for the mobile hunter.

http://hooymansaws.com/
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:20 am

Great looking saw. I'll trade you my Gerber for it. ;)
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
WKPTodd

Unread postby WKPTodd » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:47 am

If it matters, the WIcked Tough saw is the only one that comes standard with a lifetime warranty and no plastic to break!
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:17 am

Any plans for a extendable saw?
ah110

Unread postby ah110 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:38 am

U.P. MAN wrote:Any plans for a extendable saw?

haha this worked pretty well today. this saw is sweeeeeeetttt.

WKPTodd

Unread postby WKPTodd » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:41 am

That's pretty funny! Yeah, pole saw is in the works. It'll be available next summer I believe.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:52 am

If you want a pole saw DOR sells a strapping device which you can tightly secure a saw to a branch like shown above, but it won't come undone very easily. I saw them a deer show and was quite impressed and was also unable to make that saw budge once strapped down. Already had a couple pole saws so didn't buy one, they broke, now wish I had bought the strapping devices at the show.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:14 pm

I got my hands on the saw today! I'm super pumped to destroy some branches. I have the 5ft hooyman saw and it is ALRIGHT. The saw is pretty nice but the extendable handle is junk. Pops out of socket and you have to fix it time and time again. Can't wait for the WICKED pole saw!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”