Wicked Tough Hand Saw – NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Wicked Tough Hand Saw – NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:53 pm

I really wonder how much it would have been if it was made in USA? Is there a saw like this made in the USA? Where is the Hooyman saw made?

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 am

Indianahunter wrote:This is heading in the same direction as the China made LW Stands. This is consumer driven. If it were made in America no one would buy an $80 hand saw. I understand completely what everyone is saying and I want to see things made here and buy American every time I can. Since how this is the finest saw made and no one else is making anything comparable in America I ordered one last night. Lone Wolf came back to America and I have heard more complaining about the prices then anything else. People will build superior products in America if consumers demand it, but you have to pay for it.

Yep...
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:02 am

Summit tree stands are made in Alabama, USA and cost about half of what lone wolf stands go for

Lone wolf could sell their stands cheaper if they wanted to...but hey they have a superior product so price them accordingly

Indianahunter wrote:This is heading in the same direction as the China made LW Stands. This is consumer driven. If it were made in America no one would buy an $80 hand saw. I understand completely what everyone is saying and I want to see things made here and buy American every time I can. Since how this is the finest saw made and no one else is making anything comparable in America I ordered one last night. Lone Wolf came back to America and I have heard more complaining about the prices then anything else. People will build superior products in America if consumers demand it, but you have to pay for it.
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:16 am

Here is what I use for a handheld limb saw.

http://www.outdooredge.com/product-p/griz-saw.htm

Lifetime warranty for breakage.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:37 am

What makes this the finest saw made? I'm not trying to nit pick or take business from Todd he seems to have a passion for what he does and the saws work for him...I watched the video and he definitely worked out the kinks that a lot of the cheaper saws seem to have that lead to them breaking but still not sure its the finest saw. As an arborist I have handled a few hand saws I feel are up to the same tests as Todd's but as others have said you pay high prices for high quality. I don't believe hunters look in the right spots for equipment like this and instead cave to buying the junk that big box stores sell...Good luck to you on this saw and I hope those that ordered post reviews on them in the equipment section 8-)
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:31 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:

What makes this the finest saw made? I'm not trying to nit pick or take business from Todd he seems to have a passion for what he does and the saws work for him...I watched the video and he definitely worked out the kinks that a lot of the cheaper saws seem to have that lead to them breaking but still not sure its the finest saw. As an arborist I have handled a few hand saws I feel are up to the same tests as Todd's but as others have said you pay high prices for high quality. I don't believe hunters look in the right spots for equipment like this and instead cave to buying the junk that big box stores sell...Good luck to you on this saw and I hope those that ordered post reviews on them in the equipment section 8-)

You are right about hunters looking in the right place so I stand corrected. I was comparing it to all the saws that I have purchases specifically made for the hunting industry. Compared to the competition in the industry no one makes a saw this robust. Plus if you look at Todd's credentials he only designs the best stuff such as Lone Wolf Assault, Huntmore 360 , Muddy Rope locking system they use on their sticks....I would love for Lone wolf Sticks to have this.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:34 am

76chevy wrote:Summit tree stands are made in Alabama, USA and cost about half of what lone wolf stands go for

Lone wolf could sell their stands cheaper if they wanted to...but hey they have a superior product so price them accordingly

Aluminum tubing is significantly cheaper to buy and manufacture than casting.......the patent is up for lone wolfs cast platform.....why isn't summit making one now? My guess is that they can't make a comparable stand for less money than Lone Wolf so they stay with their nitch and price point for their customer base. Not really comparing apples to apples.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:38 am

Leverage is the only competition thus far for LW

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:42 am

I need a saw. I support Todd. I bought one! If Todd is says its the best saw, it's the best saw!
WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, I wish I could have made it in the USA, but it was a deal breaker. The saw would retail for $79.99-99.00, which would eliminate most of the market; thus making the business not work.

With that being said, and not getting into it any further that direction; it’s the toughest, fasting cutting saw against anything I’ve tested; including the Silky brand. Silky is a great cutting saw, and I typically would break 3 of their handles per year. I don’t know of another cast aluminum handled folding hand saw out there, and its patent pending design is what makes this saw indestructible. Also, all the lock components are hardened steel. This is also what makes our saw in a league of its own.

The Wicked Tough saw comes with a lifetime warrantee on everything but the blade. You can and will break blades if you try. If you slam the blade against a tree or something metal, you will break teeth off the blade. This is the thickest / toughest blade I’ve personally ever used; and I have used a ton of them over the years. It will last seasons if you don’t try to break it. We’ve honestly been trying, and it has stood up thus far with a TON of use. If you break the handle, I’ll mail you a new one.

If you buy the saw and don’t believe it is worth the $39.99 you paid for it; send it back and I’ll give you a full refund. That’s the best I can do.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 am

WKPTodd wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, I wish I could have made it in the USA, but it was a deal breaker. The saw would retail for $79.99-99.00, which would eliminate most of the market; thus making the business not work.

With that being said, and not getting into it any further that direction; it’s the toughest, fasting cutting saw against anything I’ve tested; including the Silky brand. Silky is a great cutting saw, and I typically would break 3 of their handles per year. I don’t know of another cast aluminum handled folding hand saw out there, and its patent pending design is what makes this saw indestructible. Also, all the lock components are hardened steel. This is also what makes our saw in a league of its own.

The Wicked Tough saw comes with a lifetime warrantee on everything but the blade. You can and will break blades if you try. If you slam the blade against a tree or something metal, you will break teeth off the blade. This is the thickest / toughest blade I’ve personally ever used; and I have used a ton of them over the years. It will last seasons if you don’t try to break it. We’ve honestly been trying, and it has stood up thus far with a TON of use. If you break the handle, I’ll mail you a new one.

If you buy the saw and don’t believe it is worth the $39.99 you paid for it; send it back and I’ll give you a full refund. That’s the best I can do.

Not trying to sound impatient but have you received inventory and started shipping yet sir?
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Indianahunter wrote:Not trying to sound impatient but have you received inventory and started shipping yet sir?

I saw Todd posted on iowawhitetail earlier today saying that he spent all weekend packing boxes and most of today mailing them out and if you ordered before today your saw is in the mail.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Wrinkleneck wrote:I really wonder how much it would have been if it was made in USA? Is there a saw like this made in the USA? Where is the Hooyman saw made?

Kiel, WI
When better is possible, good is never good enough
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 pm

RaisedByWolves wrote:
Wrinkleneck wrote:I really wonder how much it would have been if it was made in USA? Is there a saw like this made in the USA? Where is the Hooyman saw made?

Kiel, WI

:mrgreen:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Hey todd which model silkys were you breaking? Thats impressive because Silky makes a helluva saw.

I use a Silky Zubat (I know its not folding) when I prune trees and its hard to find something comparable IMO.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”