face masks??????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: face masks??????

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:06 am

I have historically hated facemasks but this one isn't too bad. I have the Deception Green and Brown. http://www.predatorcamo.com/lrsStore/ViewProduct/535

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:23 am

JRM6868 wrote:Never wear one. Facepaint if anything

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

x2

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:46 am

I hate facemasks. I would rather rub a little mud on my face. However, I willl break down and wear a warm one in the late season.

[ Post made via Palm ] Image
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:18 am

Ack wrote:They aren't easy to find, but I wear a Spandoflauge Mask.....not too tight and doesn't fog up the glasses.

X2
You can get them here
http://search.3riversarchery.com/search ... pandoflage
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 am

I wear one sometimes (usually colder weather) and when I do it's the 3/4 Spandoflage. It hugs your face and I put the top just under my nose so my anchor point doesn't change and that keeps my glasses from fogging up too. The Spandoflage is harder to find. The last time I bought it was a few years ago at Midwestern Shooter's Supply in Lomira, WI. I don't know if they still carry it.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:16 am

No facemask. Just a camo bandanna cowboy outlaw style mostly. I can pull it down or up as I want. During warmer weather I tie one on my head too.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:37 am

I dont like facemasks, mabey for turkey with a gun, but not for archery. I like face paint, i just throw a pack of baby wipes in the truck, they work great for removal and leave you smelling powdery fresh!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:51 am

Ack wrote:They aren't easy to find, but I wear a Spandoflauge Mask.....not too tight and doesn't fog up the glasses.

X2
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:07 am

Can't stand face mask's! I don't put nothing on my face. A few days of not shaving takes the shine away just fine.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 am

i have a fleece one i use when its brutal cold. other than that i like paint.

you paint guys should try carbomask it comes off with water with ease and you can sweat through it
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 am

I wear the spandoflauge full mask thats made by hunter specialties. I prefer it over face paint and what not because face paint is a PITA to get off after a day of hunting. The mask has never got in the way of my shooting.
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:38 am

I can't stand wearing face masks... With that said, I do think deer see faces and eyes and recognize the threat.
bb70

Unread postby bb70 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:58 am

X3 on not liking the feel of anything around my face for shooting. I will pull up a neck gator during cold months and occasionally wear a thin HS mesh one for early season if I feel like im glaring in the sun or sticking out. I have seen different face masks affect shooting so make sure you find one you are comfortable shooting with and doesn't mess up your feel of the string or anchor point. Been there ane done that. Live and learn.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am

I don't like face masks. Not a huge fan of face paint, either. I do wear a camo "ski mask" when it gets cold.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:14 am

I don't like wearing a face mask unless it's cold, but I do it anyway because I have been picked off way to many times without one. I like the Primos stretch fit full face mask the best. Sometimes I choose to go with the Allen face paint kit that has the little mirror in it instead though. It's cheap and it works good. For years I would use burn't cork. A cork out of a wine bottle works good. Add a linghter and your good to go. It works great and washes off easily. Just don't wipe it on your eye lids. It can cause little micro cuts in the tender skin of the eye lid and get tiny pieces of burnt cork under the skin. I found this out the hard way.

dan wrote:I can't stand wearing face masks... With that said, I do think deer see faces and eyes and recognize the threat.

I have found that locking eyes when they look up at me is a big no no, so what I do that works quite well is to close one eye and close the other eye until I can barely see out of it. This way I can keep track of the deer without locking eyes and spooking it. More often than not this works for me. Most people I have come across don't do this and won't even try it. They think I'm full of it, but it works.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”