loose lips sink ships cont...................

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

Re: loose lips sink ships cont...................

Unread postby Zap » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:19 am

bighunt wrote:
Zap wrote:Sometimes folks change....

I hope it works out.

no matter what happens zap il alsways be his freind hes the one im afrad of thats changing :cry:

I hear you, thats a shame.
But it happens.

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 am

Just talk to him straight up... it was you that found it and you showed it to him. If he doesn't think he is encroaching then tell him he should do whatever he feels is right and let it B. If he is a true friend he will think long and hard on doing what he feels is right. If he goes and hunts the spot that says something about his character...

Talk to him face to face. Now if it is access to public ground that is say larger than 300 acres and your pissed cause he is hunting the area... that is being greedy on your part... cause there is more than one spot to sit in a chunk that size. Hunt it together...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 am

Bucky wrote:Just talk to him straight up... it was you that found it and you showed it to him. If he doesn't think he is encroaching then tell him he should do whatever he feels is right and let it B. If he is a true friend he will think long and hard on doing what he feels is right. If he goes and hunts the spot that says something about his character...

Talk to him face to face. Now if it is access to public ground that is say larger than 300 acres and your pissed cause he is hunting the area... that is being greedy on your part... cause there is more than one spot to sit in a chunk that size. Hunt it together...

i feel when i tell him that will be then end for a wile , back in school he thought i stole a dvd and later found it :? :roll: we didnt talk for 8 mounths, the spot is just under 975 arces so theres plenty to go around but other spot are just little 30 to 45 arce hunny holes, but not every one hunts like "we" do so when you find what you know is a bedding area its hard to give it up, especially when we work so hard to find these spots freinds or not
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:34 am

Don't overly talk anymore about these spots with him maybe he will change his thinking.

That would be the last time I would scout with him or hunt with him. Friend or not, hunting can be a solo thing that is what makes it so great.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:43 am

Beauford wrote:Don't overly talk anymore about these spots with him maybe he will change his thinking.

That would be the last time I would scout with him or hunt with him. Friend or not, hunting can be a solo thing that is what makes it so great.

im letting him do his thing its his hunt ...................lonewolf oooooooo ya 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:45 am

What if when your gone your bud shoots a nice buck off any of the spots you two scouted together?Would you truely be happy for him or would you be jealous?You two have probably hunted together or talked huntikng the last 15 years or so .What are his and your reaction when you find out one of you shot a nice buck?If him hunting in your spot is a major problem for you work something out before it ruins your friendship.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:45 pm

goldtip5575 wrote:What if when your gone your bud shoots a nice buck off any of the spots you two scouted together?Would you truely be happy for him or would you be jealous?You two have probably hunted together or talked huntikng the last 15 years or so .What are his and your reaction when you find out one of you shot a nice buck?If him hunting in your spot is a major problem for you work something out before it ruins your friendship.

well just about every thing he shoots im with him his three turkeys both of his p/y bucks, i wont be jelous im real happy for him he work just as hard as me, theres no one i personaly know that gets into it like we do ........until i met you beast 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Let him hunt it bro. It's not worth losing a friend over. You'll find plenty more spots that you won't tell him in the future. Just sayin..... I experienced this with a couple of friends over the last few years then I realized I am a much better scouter/ hunting spot finder than they are. I have a natural ability to find good spots. I found a couple of really great spots with them in tow a few years back as well as more recent years and they marked the waypoints in their own GPS's. When it came around to hanging stands later in the summer we all wanted to make hang our stands in the same area. We all got a little argumentative with each other. I finally decided to let them take the spot. Obviously, they overhunted the out of it and they never got anything out of it. I decided put some stands up in some "secondary" spots I had found without them. I killed a buck a couple years ago on one of those "secondary spots" that is on the wall at the house that all my friends google over whenever they come over and they always tell me how bad they want to get one of that size. I just give them a smirk and say "yeah I know how ya feel" 8-) 8-) 8-)
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

every time he shot a deer he would call me right away to help track them but know he wont even tell untill a few days later??????????? whats up with that we went from tell each other everything to holding things behind our backs :? know that my girl freind is huntign i have a new hunting partner ill teach her well ;) and shell be my new scouting partner
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:24 am

Dan nailed it

I have been burned by so called hunting buddies before, we socuted a spot together and they go and bring someone else in to hunt it without me

I have lots of buddies who I like to shoot bows with and talk deer hunting with but I hunt alone most of the time now..like a lone wolf

dan wrote:
People can be a big disappointment.

Aint that the truth...

Hunting and life are the same in that you need to learn something from negative experiences in order to strive...
Your friend has taught you a valuable lesson here and you should learn from it. I would not let a hunting spot get in the way of a friendship... The lesson you should learn here is to not scout with that person. You need to be the Lone Wolf, or at least find a different hunting partner. This guy might be better suited for hanging out with drinking beers. ;)
Let him have the spots and find new ones... By yourself.
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 am

76Chevy says it right.. Being burned by a buddy is a real burdon to a friendship on so many different levels it can begin to eat you from the inside out. A friend who thinks every tip-up is his when you're on the ice, or the friend who asks you and all your other buddies to ask your land owner for permission to allow him/her hunting rights is treading on unposted territory. Let's not dismiss the awesome little tributary river you know about hidden away that produces dozens of 10 lb cats daily you mistakenly showed a friend who now takes others there behind your back and pretends it's "his" spot. I've been burned too many times, can you tell? :|

You should not have to tell an adult that the tip-ups you brought and set are yours and his are his own. Similarly, the land that you scored/earned through maintaining a solid relationship with the owner is not an open invitation for friends to join in on the parade, so when they ask you have to :roll: and make an excuse - it's not comfortable and then your mind wanders... Is dude really just not a good friend or do they really not know the proper etiquette for these situations because their just sooo excited and feel that comfortable with you. My stance is Dan's LONE WOLF approach these days. I don't scout public land with friends, I rarely show a friend no matter how close, a honey hole on a lake or river and I definitely work it in to conversation just how tough it was to score a property and what it takes to maintain my status there so no one thinks to ask to join me - they still do, though :?

Realize the satisfaction can mean a lot more when left for you to enjoy so the Lone Wolf approach is a good one. You get stoked to stumble on land so good, you just have to share it with someone... then you get burned and regret it. Just don't do it over again. Let dude have your new found spots and get on the ball in finding some new spots - their out there!
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 am

i found close to 13 spots this spring on public alone, but i have at least 40-50 bedding areas scouted from years past and there all marked on my arieals so im not that worried avout the spots any more my frustration was blinding me and i relized hey, ive got all these from 10 years of scouting so its not bad let him hunt htem thats cool 8-) but if im there frist thats cool too 8-) :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 am

I currently have a very similar situation, only thing I can tell you is do what you feel is right. If you have other good or better spots, then let your buddy hunt them.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 am

GRFox wrote:I currently have a very similar situation, only thing I can tell you is do what you feel is right. If you have other good or better spots, then let your buddy hunt them.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

;) 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”