A prediction

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

A prediction

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 am

I am conducting a study. I have a few predictions. Of course the circumstances of the results will have to be posted to determine legitimacy. Mark these days on your calendars and if you have a sighting or even better success then please post your story day and time here for me this fall. I am not sure how to keep this at the top of the forum so you may have to search for it. I don't really want to discuss the details of this prediction until I have enough data to back up a theory. Thanks Everyone.

October Dates:

Thursday October 6, 2011 - Friday October 7, 2011 Midday activity meaning 10-2 ish

Sunday October 16, 2011 - Monday October 17, 2011 Evening within the last hour

November Dates:

November 4,5,6 2011 Midday

November 14,15 Evening last hour

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: A prediction

Unread postby Dor » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:30 am

Honestly, without the theory I probably wont pay any attention.

Indianahunter wrote:I am conducting a study. I have a few predictions. Of course the circumstances of the results will have to be posted to determine legitimacy. Mark these days on your calendars and if you have a sighting or even better success then please post your story day and time here for me this fall. I am not sure how to keep this at the top of the forum so you may have to search for it. I don't really want to discuss the details of this prediction until I have enough data to back up a theory. Thanks Everyone.

October Dates:

Thursday October 6, 2011 - Friday October 7, 2011 Midday activity meaning 10-2 ish

Sunday October 16, 2011 - Monday October 17, 2011 Evening within the last hour

November Dates:

November 4,5,6 2011 Midday

November 14,15 Evening last hour

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:39 am

I understand Dor. However please understand I have submitted this theory to a well known biologist to help review the data. I was instructed that I should not post specific details simply because it is an unpublished theory that, if it has any validity then could be become a significant publication in deer behavioral research. Unfortunately there are those out there that wouldn't think twice about taking someone elses hard work and publishing it. Like I said once we have data collected and can prove or disprove the theory then I will share the idea. I figure there are many of you guys that will be hunting at those times anyway and may be interested in contributing your results in relation to the dates and times. Thanks anyway.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 am

I should be in a stand on an all day sit on most of those Nov dates. All day or until I kill... 8-)
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 am

Indianahunter wrote:I understand Dor. However please understand I have submitted this theory to a well known biologist to help review the data. I was instructed that I should not post specific details simply because it is an unpublished theory that, if it has any validity then could be become a significant publication in deer behavioral research. Unfortunately there are those out there that wouldn't think twice about taking someone elses hard work and publishing it. Like I said once we have data collected and can prove or disprove the theory then I will share the idea. I figure there are many of you guys that will be hunting at those times anyway and may be interested in contributing your ideas. Thanks anyway.

Well, I dont mind sharing, but post this a little closer to those times again for a reminder. How about a little hint at least?

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:49 am

Indianahunter wrote:I understand Dor. However please understand I have submitted this theory to a well known biologist to help review the data. I was instructed that I should not post specific details simply because it is an unpublished theory that, if it has any validity then could be become a significant publication in deer behavioral research. Unfortunately there are those out there that wouldn't think twice about taking someone elses hard work and publishing it. Like I said once we have data collected and can prove or disprove the theory then I will share the idea. I figure there are many of you guys that will be hunting at those times anyway and may be interested in contributing your results in relation to the dates and times. Thanks anyway.
Completely understandable. I'll do my part.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 am

will do my man ;)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:46 am

:mrgreen:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 am

I think it will be fun, count me in .

[ Post made via Android ] Image
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 am

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but aren't you biasing your study by pre releasing the dates which may prompt people to hunt those days and times? BTW wouldn't you need to know of success on days and times other than the listed ones to see if there was an increase in success or activity?

Too bad I'll be tagged out way before then. :lol:
If by some unbelievable twist of fate I'm not tagged out I'll gladly play along. 8-)
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 am

i should be hunting a few of those days i'm sure
When better is possible, good is never good enough
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:44 am

magicman54494 wrote:I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but aren't you biasing your study by pre releasing the dates which may prompt people to hunt those days and times? BTW wouldn't you need to know of success on days and times other than the listed ones to see if there was an increase in success or activity?

Too bad I'll be tagged out way before then. :lol:
If by some unbelievable twist of fate I'm not tagged out I'll gladly play along. 8-)

project or not im hunting those days inyway unless im tagged out all ready :lol: but hey every post has to have a party pooper :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Spysar wrote:I should be in a stand on an all day sit on most of those Nov dates. All day or until I kill... 8-)

Me too!! All day sits on those days!! ;)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:11 pm

magicman54494 wrote:I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but aren't you biasing your study by pre releasing the dates which may prompt people to hunt those days and times? BTW wouldn't you need to know of success on days and times other than the listed ones to see if there was an increase in success or activity?

YUP.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:45 pm

bighunt wrote:
but hey every post has to have a party pooper :lol:

Bite me. :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”