blood spatter in ads

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

blood spatter in ads

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 pm

I cant believe how many hunting ads show blood spatter, whether print or TV. I try to pay attention to advertising in the hunting business and really cant believe how many companies are jumping on board. Also the word Kill is being highlighted. Now I am not offended but also not impressed, and it doesn't make me want to buy products seeing a bucket of red paint spilled or bloody footprints.

Anyone else notice this trend. And any opinions on it.

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Re: blood spatter in ads

Unread postby Czabs » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:48 pm

I guess to me It really doesn't matter. If I like a broadhead I'm going to buy the broadhead, no matter if it has blood on it in the ad or not. But If they want to put blood on their ads and the word kill I really could care less.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:39 pm

What about the add for Rage Broadheads with the huge hole and all of the hunting "celebrities" with the totally amazed looks on their faces. The best one is Tiffany Lakosky. She looks like she is looking at some other big thing!! :mrgreen: Oops sorry!! :oops: I forgot this is a family website!!
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
Anyone else notice this trend. And any opinions on it.

Not until you mentioned it.
Opinion: It's a free country, let em do whatever they want.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:I cant believe how many hunting ads show blood spatter, whether print or TV.

It's all about shock value to draw attention to their ads. Probably doesn't look real good to the non-hunters though so I can see your point.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 pm

I have noticed... I could care less about how they choose to advertise, however, I think that its a good thing because not to long ago TV and magazines had rules against stuff like that. You had to use words like "Harvest" Excuse me, but I harvest corn and pumkins. Deer I kill.
We should NOT pretty up our sport or try to make it sound better for the Nancy boys, liberals, or anti hunters. Using words like harvest, not showing the impact, or the blood is in a way saying its wrong to kill. Its not wrong, if your offended by killing turn the channel or buy better homes and gardens magazine.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Dewey wrote:What about the add for Rage Broadheads with the huge hole and all of the hunting "celebrities" with the totally amazed looks on their faces. The best one is Tiffany Lakosky. She looks like she is looking at some other big thing!! :mrgreen: Oops sorry!! :oops: I forgot this is a family website!!

nice :lol: :lol: rage put em down
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:48 am

So, you all like the blood spatter? That was the question. Does it make you buy products?
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:54 am

It doesn't bother me... but it doesn't make me buy products. I think a lot of times those ads look really tacky. Almost like they are trying too hard to market their product...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Blood spatter does not impact whether or not I buy a product as most of the time it is fake anyway... Anything fake usually annoys me more than anything else.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:38 pm

There are some advantages to being colorblind! I never even noticed the blood in advertizing. I let my hunting subscriptions lapse once I discovered Dan's videos and this forum so I don't often see those ads. Actually though, If it looked staged in the ad it would irritate me. But it wouldn't affect me buying or not buying the product. I buy based on word of mouth from sources I trust, or if my common sense meter says it would be of value to me.
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:22 pm

I guess I don't find it offensive. It's in a hunting mag or show. I don't think it bothers most of those that chose to look/watch.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:So, you all like the blood spatter? That was the question. Does it make you buy products?

I buy a product because it is a good product. I could care less how it's packaged.
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:46 pm

It doesn't bother me at all. Could care less. I hunt and see plenty of blood spatter in the woods. If they want to use it for advertising then so be it...
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:07 pm

dan wrote:I have noticed... I could care less about how they choose to advertise, however, I think that its a good thing because not to long ago TV and magazines had rules against stuff like that. You had to use words like "Harvest" Excuse me, but I harvest corn and pumkins. Deer I kill.
We should NOT pretty up our sport or try to make it sound better for the Nancy boys, liberals, or anti hunters. Using words like harvest, not showing the impact, or the blood is in a way saying its wrong to kill. Its not wrong, if your offended by killing turn the channel or buy better homes and gardens magazine.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”