Hunting on tv...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Spysar
500 Club

Re: Hunting on tv...

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 am

kenn1320 wrote:
I don't think there are, I'm pretty sure I have never learned anything from a hunting show on tv.

Wow that's a pretty bold statement with experts like James Kroll, Pete Shepley, Randy Ulmer, Charles Alsheimer, etc doing short segments on some shows. What about Quality Whitetails show?

Also Michael Waddall got his foot in the door when he won turkey calling contests. Bet there's guys on here that think they could out hunt him on their public land. :roll:
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, or so they say. :lol:

Greg Miller had a show where he showed his setup and what he did, and what the deer did, and where the deer went after being hit...

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:25 pm

I think there are the guys on this sight to put a good show together. But everyone would have to understand about b roll, and trying to tell the story. Spy's story would have been an EPIC story to tell last year, with the planning, cyber scouting, knocking on doors, ect. But if you want it to really make a good show it has to tell the whole story, and you have to take the time to get the b roll stuff. Dor, and some of the guys that go west awesome stuff, but you have to lay the footage down. I dont think its for everone, but there are some awesome stories to be told here. Handycams, and zooming out to get things in frame are great if your just trying to document that you really killed it legally, but its horrible to veiw. Andre is the man when it comes to killing slobs, but Miaranda had the best editors in the industry and they couldn't make that stuff look good. I think Dan has an untapped resource here with a bunch of great hunters, that could really have a unique show that is completely different than the hunt with your guides around the country all fall platform that has been used for a couple decades now. An all public land show is what guys are calling for all over the web, but this sight actually has the tallent put it on tape.
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 pm

UPbowhunter wrote:I think there are the guys on this sight to put a good show together. But everyone would have to understand about b roll, and trying to tell the story. Spy's story would have been an EPIC story to tell last year, with the planning, cyber scouting, knocking on doors, ect. But if you want it to really make a good show it has to tell the whole story, and you have to take the time to get the b roll stuff. Dor, and some of the guys that go west awesome stuff, but you have to lay the footage down. I dont think its for everone, but there are some awesome stories to be told here. Handycams, and zooming out to get things in frame are great if your just trying to document that you really killed it legally, but its horrible to veiw. Andre is the man when it comes to killing slobs, but Miaranda had the best editors in the industry and they couldn't make that stuff look good. I think Dan has an untapped resource here with a bunch of great hunters, that could really have a unique show that is completely different than the hunt with your guides around the country all fall platform that has been used for a couple decades now. An all public land show is what guys are calling for all over the web, but this sight actually has the tallent put it on tape.

Finally someone sees it my way! ;)
I don't kmow about "all" public, but 50/50 would be a good mix...
sticknstringarchery

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I still think show about a new guy learning could make for some interesting T.V. I would be up for it. :D
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 pm

dan wrote:
UPbowhunter wrote:I think there are the guys on this sight to put a good show together. But everyone would have to understand about b roll, and trying to tell the story. Spy's story would have been an EPIC story to tell last year, with the planning, cyber scouting, knocking on doors, ect. But if you want it to really make a good show it has to tell the whole story, and you have to take the time to get the b roll stuff. Dor, and some of the guys that go west awesome stuff, but you have to lay the footage down. I dont think its for everone, but there are some awesome stories to be told here. Handycams, and zooming out to get things in frame are great if your just trying to document that you really killed it legally, but its horrible to veiw. Andre is the man when it comes to killing slobs, but Miaranda had the best editors in the industry and they couldn't make that stuff look good. I think Dan has an untapped resource here with a bunch of great hunters, that could really have a unique show that is completely different than the hunt with your guides around the country all fall platform that has been used for a couple decades now. An all public land show is what guys are calling for all over the web, but this sight actually has the tallent put it on tape.

Finally someone sees it my way! ;)
I don't kmow about "all" public, but 50/50 would be a good mix...

I like it!!!
UPbowhunter

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am

50/50 public and private or outfitted Dan?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:10 am

UPbowhunter wrote:50/50 public and private or outfitted Dan?

I wouldn't be interested in outfitted hunts... Especially deer. DIY would be how I would want it.
If I did any outfitted hunts it would likely be bear, and it would be from the outfitters perspective on where the bear lives, why the bait is where its at, what scouting lead to the stand position etc...
Your probably thinking, "I wouldn't want to see ANY outfitted hunts... But really, think about guys like Mike Foss, he is a bear expert who could really teach bear hunters a lot about how to scout and hunt bears, so his information about scouting showing a successfull hunt would likely go over pretty good...
I would however want to stick mainly to whitetails though... And with Whitetails I really doubt I would ever use an oufitted or guided hunt unless there was some very unique lesson to be learned in the hunt... Which I doubt I would ever see...
My biggest concern would be getting enough hunts submitted to keep the show active. Not to many successfull DIY filmers out there...
UPbowhunter

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Put the challenge out there. Maybe have Lung do an online class on interveiws and b roll, and what would make good film. I think you could get some responces out of alot of guys, if there was a real good place to send good footage and stories. Lung could hold alot of footage in his library, and have alot more stuff for the website. At least it would be able to be seen by a good editor.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Patiance... ;) ;)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”