Your favorite whitetail hunt on film, dvd

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampthing
500 Club

Your favorite whitetail hunt on film, dvd

Unread postby Swampthing » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:24 pm

I love Spook Spann when he gets that 230" monster from the ground at 10 feet ! You can here the buck grunting ,as he comes walking closer. Spook shoots him he runs twenty yards stops turns around and sniffs the air and the falls over 50 yards away. That man is almost in tears when he gets to the dear.

PredatorTC
500 Club

Re: Your favorite whitetail hunt on film, dvd

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:03 pm

This one!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrV9IXNu4i0 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But i also love watching Andres tuning fork, flyer, and swamp buck.. I learned a lot from those hunts and like them because they are self filmed...They seem more realistic that way!!
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:31 pm

PredatorTC wrote:This one!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrV9IXNu4i0 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But i also love watching Andres tuning fork, flyer, and swamp buck.. I learned a lot from those hunts and like them because they are self filmed...They seem more realistic that way!!

NICE PREDATOR!!! :shock:
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Andre.

marty
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:52 pm

I can,t believe I don,t own any videos from Andre. I guess I only have old videos cause I decided they were primarily a waste of money,that was until I found Dan's videos .It does give a man some hope though.Most videos are petty entertaining,but their kinda like showing a man with no legs , a video on how much fun you can have dancing.At first fun, then u just kinda get depressed,knowing you could never put yourself into any situation that they are experiencing.I remember one with Lee Lakoski where he,s talking about hunting his personal farm,He goes on to say how the bucks are,nt real good but he enjoys it because it,s home. The hunt continues with If i remeber right like 8 or 9 8 point and better bucks walking out at one time
10point

Unread postby 10point » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Swampthing wrote:I love Spook Spann when he gets that 230" monster from the ground at 10 feet ! You can here the buck grunting ,as he comes walking closer. Spook shoots him he runs twenty yards stops turns around and sniffs the air and the falls over 50 yards away. That man is almost in tears when he gets to the dear.

That was pretty awesome.... :D :D
tresleggos

Unread postby tresleggos » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:15 am

ya der hey spook spann
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:26 am

Public Land Beast wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:This one!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrV9IXNu4i0 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NICE PREDATOR!!! :shock:

Thanks 8-)
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:41 pm

I love the moment with Spook too...but I have to say the most heartfelt emotional hunts that come to mind for me are both on HS Strut's Prime Time Bucks 8. One when Alex Rutledge shoots a buck he was after called "Magic" and the other was Rick White when he shoots a buck shortly after his Dad had passed away. Those are 2 hunts where the emotion felt real to me and not just acted out for the cameras. Those are the hunts I enjoy the most.
JJWI

Unread postby JJWI » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Andre's buck that he missed before he shot the Flyer Buck. Loved he left the camera rolling and showed his sight pin all smashed up causing his miss and his comments explaining the scenario. Then he goes back after that same buck, kills him and is p.oed that the buck has broke off a tine. The guy has high standards for himself and doesn't give any lip service when the tape is rolling, and tells it like it is. To bad more people that are in front of the camera can't tell it like it is, instead of the "life is all sunny & blue skies" if you plant brand x and use products a, b and c. Hard work and the "get in there and get it done attitude"
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 am

JJWI wrote:Andre's buck that he missed before he shot the Flyer Buck. Loved he left the camera rolling and showed his sight pin all smashed up causing his miss and his comments explaining the scenario. Then he goes back after that same buck, kills him and is p.oed that the buck has broke off a tine. The guy has high standards for himself and doesn't give any lip service when the tape is rolling, and tells it like it is. To bad more people that are in front of the camera can't tell it like it is, instead of the "life is all sunny & blue skies" if you plant brand x and use products a, b and c. Hard work and the "get in there and get it done attitude"

I didnt realize people liked that kinda honesty JJWI. I was kinda surprised myself that it was not cut out. Anyone else have any thoughs or opinions on that hunt?
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:58 am

Drury's Dream Season 12 had one of the coolest hunts I've seen. I can't recall his name or what state team he was hunting for (I'll edit it in when home), but he's hunting a stand he's never sat before - I believe in Illinois. The surroundings are GORGEOUS!

There's a creek bottom in a narrow valley with parallel ridges running high on both sides of the creek. He is in the draw by the creek and has a gorgeous deer come in just after first light (GORGEOUS SUNRISE BTW) and he makes one of the most amazing quartering away shots I've ever witnessed!

Talk about emotion! This guy booked 13 days to hunt the rut for some prime time footage, leaving his wife and new born at home with her support. He shot the deer in the first hour of legal shooting time on the first day of 13 and when he gets behind that slob, in a southern drawl he wipes a tear from his eye and speaks of the emmotion behind the deer and his supportive wife and how he can't wait till the little one gets old enough to watch the footage they just laid down and appreciate it.

Very cool hunt. Great backdrop, great emotion, great shot and huge deer.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
JJWI

Unread postby JJWI » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 am

PredatorTC wrote:
JJWI wrote:Andre's buck that he missed before he shot the Flyer Buck. Loved he left the camera rolling and showed his sight pin all smashed up causing his miss and his comments explaining the scenario. Then he goes back after that same buck, kills him and is p.oed that the buck has broke off a tine. The guy has high standards for himself and doesn't give any lip service when the tape is rolling, and tells it like it is. To bad more people that are in front of the camera can't tell it like it is, instead of the "life is all sunny & blue skies" if you plant brand x and use products a, b and c. Hard work and the "get in there and get it done attitude"

I didnt realize people liked that kinda honesty JJWI. I was kinda surprised myself that it was not cut out. Anyone else have any thoughs or opinions on that hunt?

The reason I liked it was because when you dedicate yourself to scouting, planning and preparing yourself to take a target animal, and the moment of truth comes and things go wrong, your emotions will get to you. Kinda hard to shrug your shoulders and say, "thats hunting!" Just shows that even the best have bad days. And with the buck having the broken tine, just impressed me that Andre set his standards that high, that he would of got off of that buck and pursued another. I guess I just like the reality of it and Andre's being brutally honest on the situations.
PASwamper

Unread postby PASwamper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:55 am

Drury Outdoors, Whitetail Madness 7, Skyscrapper!!! If you haven't seen the video I recommend it. Drury is driven by many, many, many, sponsorships... but they're good natured guys and they put together some excellent videos from an entertainment standpoint.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 am

PredatorTC wrote:

I went over to visit Andrea at his place in Iowa and he showed me the rough cuts of that show asking my opinions... I was kind of shocked that he wanted to use the "real" footage and not recreate the old " Oh well, he got away" crap that all the big shows do... Actually, I know Andrea better than that... But, I did tell him that I thought he should remove the "angry Andrea" footage. Heck, not only did it scare me, the camera even started shaking :lol:
Andrea said, ", everybody gets pissed off when things go wrong, and there ain't no reason to hide the truth... IT STAYS!"

If anybody is interested in any of Andreas Whitetail Addictions DVD's I have them all in stock right now....

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”