DeerFest 2011 Oshkosh.....anybody going?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

DeerFest 2011 Oshkosh.....anybody going?

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 am

I am not really big on the deer hunting "celebrities" which this show seems to focus on but was wondering if this show is worth checking out for other things? Pretty sure last year was the first year and I was wondering if anybody here checked it out and what you thought about it.
http://www.deerfestwi.com/Default.aspx

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Re: DeerFest 2011 Oshkosh.....anybody going?

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:48 am

I was going to skip for the same reason, I don't like talking with and oooing and ahhing over the hunting "celebrities". A picture with Dan would be framed and a picture with Michael Wadell would be thrown in the garbage!

The only reason why I would go is because Whitetail Adrenaline is going to be there, all public land goers. Go to their website and check out the trailer of the dvd that is coming out July 20th, Looks amazing.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59 am

I might check it out on Friday. I'm off and there is a guy (Tom Dokken) who trains dogs to find shed antlers. My son and I are trying to train his new pup how to do this so we might go check him out.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 am

Looks like I will be going to DeerFest on Saturday to check it out.
Does anybody know if everything is outside or do they have some things indoors? Just curious in case this heat way still is going on.
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 am

I went last year the inside is set up alot like the Wi Madison deer expo only smaller.Seminars inside and vendors both inside and outside.There was a 12 target range for shoooting outside along with a pop-up coarse for the celebrities this year think u can shoot that to.Had a band last year johnny wadd but was maybe 10 people watching them.If weather isnt as hot or no rain Ill prob. go just for something to do.IF the stars are your thing lee and tiffany,drury,pat and nicole,babe,waddell,t-bone,mundt are sch. to be there.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:04 pm

goldtip5575 wrote:I went last year the inside is set up alot like the Wi Madison deer expo only smaller.Seminars inside and vendors both inside and outside.There was a 12 target range for shoooting outside along with a pop-up coarse for the celebrities this year think u can shoot that to.Had a band last year johnny wadd but was maybe 10 people watching them.If weather isnt as hot or no rain Ill prob. go just for something to do.IF the stars are your thing lee and tiffany,drury,pat and nicole,babe,waddell,t-bone,mundt are sch. to be there.

Thanks goldtip!! :)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Black Squirrel wrote:I might check it out on Friday. I'm off and there is a guy (Tom Dokken) who trains dogs to find shed antlers. My son and I are trying to train his new pup how to do this so we might go check him out.

Any relation to Don Dokken?? Sorry......it's a 80's thing!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:32 am

Dewey wrote:
Black Squirrel wrote:I might check it out on Friday. I'm off and there is a guy (Tom Dokken) who trains dogs to find shed antlers. My son and I are trying to train his new pup how to do this so we might go check him out.

Any relation to Don Dokken?? Sorry......it's a 80's thing!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

;)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Just got back from DeerFest. I don't think I will be going back there anytime soon. I didn't really care for how things were set up in the main building. Walking in there was a nightmare because all of the aisles were funneled down into bottlenecks and you couldn't go anywhere. :evil: I'm usually a pretty patient person but I couldn't wait to get out of there.

All of the "celebrities" were there. Lee & Tiffany, Pat Reeves & Nicole Jones, and Michael Waddell. Lee & Tiffany came in a huge rockstar type motor home with all of their graphics and sponsors for their show. :shock: I can't imagine what that thing cost but I didn't think that making a hunting show payed that good. Must be all of the commercials they do to promote Scent Lok!!! :roll:

I'm not big on the hunting "celebrities" but thought I would check the show out for other things. The building with the bow manufacturers was pretty cool for testing out different bows. They had Hoyt, PSE, Mathews, and Ross. May have been a few more that I forgot but I was surprised I couldn't find Bowtech! :?

The outdoor archery course with motorized 3D targets were pretty cool. They were running a tournament. Anybody could shoot it and the top ones could shoot against the "celebrities". :roll:

Also watched a deer butchering seminar. Nothing really new learned from it but always nice to see others technique.

I guess as long as my dad enjoyed it the day wasn't bad but I think I will stick with the Deer & Turkey Expo in Madison since it is a much better run show.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”