Jim Wards Buck Bed...?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

binney59
500 Club

Re: Jim Wards Buck Bed...?

Unread postby binney59 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:17 am

Thanks for bringing this to the top. Interesting video!

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 am

8-)
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 am

Watched the video, Can't argue with the results.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
365buckin

Unread postby 365buckin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:27 am

kenn1320 wrote:From the few beds Ive checked out of the many I have made, I'm about 50% on finding hair in them. I also modified a couple existing buck beds as an experiment, but haven't checked them yet. If they are being used, then whats the difference between one I make or one they chose and I modified it? Next spring I will find all the beds and position deer exactly where I want them. If a bed is in a location that doesn't work for me, Ill ruin it. Again it will be an experiment, but if a deer has other options to bed, he likely wont use the new bed. Maybe some bucks will not like their new choices and leave, guess time will tell.

Kenn, do you have an update on your beds that you created naturally without harming any live trees?
Be in the woods as often as you can....and as long as you can!
365buckin

Unread postby 365buckin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:29 am

kenn1320 wrote:From the few beds Ive checked out of the many I have made, I'm about 50% on finding hair in them. I also modified a couple existing buck beds as an experiment, but haven't checked them yet. If they are being used, then whats the difference between one I make or one they chose and I modified it? Next spring I will find all the beds and position deer exactly where I want them. If a bed is in a location that doesn't work for me, Ill ruin it. Again it will be an experiment, but if a deer has other options to bed, he likely wont use the new bed. Maybe some bucks will not like their new choices and leave, guess time will tell.

Kenn, do you have an update on your beds that you created naturally without harming any live trees? I would love to see some photos of your homemade beds...especially your "all natural" unharmed tree beds.
Be in the woods as often as you can....and as long as you can!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”