Why did my spot just "shut off"?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GRFox
500 Club

Re: Why did my spot just "shut off"?

Unread postby GRFox » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:10 am

Yea im pretty lucky to have this spot, the only problem is it only takes a little bit of pressure to really screw it up. This year I have a whole plan on how to hunt it with out stinking it up, I've mapped out entrance trails to and from stands and wont go to the hot funnels ands thermals zones the bucks use during the rut until November 10th.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

sticknstringarchery

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:05 am

GRFox wrote:I don't think they left the property, its close to 1000 acres of unpressured untouchable land. The closest patch of woods is highly pressured public land and I doubt the went there. I just have to find them now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

With that much acreage, you do have more than just that one spot right??
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:16 am

wont go to the hot funnels ands thermals zones the bucks use during the rut until November 10th.

Seems a little late to me??? Cruising seems to peak around the 4th of November around here...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:24 am

JRM6868 wrote:
muddy wrote:I've had this happen every year for the past few years this time of year. Deer get turned onto other food sources. Now the work begins, you gotta find the other food and where they're hanging out without turning them onto you. Theyr'e still in the area.

X2 the other driving factor with this heat could be water.

I agree about the water. It's been awfully warm and dry the last few weeks. Most of the deer I have been seeing lately have been near water. Find a good water source on that land and I'm sure you will find the deer again.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:43 am

Post the pics of those bucks, maybe we can figure out what happened. :D
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 am

dan wrote:
wont go to the hot funnels ands thermals zones the bucks use during the rut until November 10th.

Seems a little late to me??? Cruising seems to peak around the 4th of November around here...

I was thinking the same thing. Around here the 4th seems to be the best day, but it really seems to kick into overdrive by November 1st or 2nd. Halloween is a great day to hunt, but is usually so-so for cruising. It's amazing how the activity seems to just explode over night.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”