Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

Re: Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Unread postby kurt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:07 am

i like tactical. i want as much info as possible. and as you sprinkle hunts in explain them the wind, entrance, exit, basicly how and why the tactics you used worked. i don't think you have do just marsh or hills or big woods or farmland. i would be okay with a variety . but either way id buy.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:33 am

One of the things, in my view, that set Dan's videos apart from the rest were the in-depth tactics. This is what separtated them from the pack... unique and very interesting with in depth presentation on hunting styles for differing habitat. For a video to excel, it needs to be apart from the others and in demand. Even hunters that are not willing to put in the time and effort still want to watch these videos to see what it may take to emulate the success presented. If you have a unique product that hunters really enjoy when they actually get the chance to view it, and the DVD does not do well... you have failed in marketing and advertising of the product.

My vote goes to the tactical DVD's, the rest are a dime-a-dozen for the most part.

mah two pennies!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 am

dan wrote:Andrae and I were throwing some ideas around... We would like to know if Hypothetically, Would you guys who have seen both my DVD's and Andraes TV show / DVD's rather see a tactical style hunting show that teaches in depth tactics with supporting hunts Beast style? Or see the return of Whitetail addictions that shows the regular guy hunter getting profiled getting it done on big bucks?
Please explain your answer???

I think by some of your answers, that some of you didn't understand the question...

whitetail addictions style was a 30 minute show that featured about 3 big kills and profiled new hunters each week.

A Beast style tactical show would also be about 30 minutes long and would feature one hunt, but would outline the scouting and/or tactic that was used in the hunt and explain how it works in depth...

In my personal opinion, you can go watch guys whack big bucks on any outdoor show or station, but there are very few shows that teach anything, especially in an entertaining way.. I also like to get to know the guys on a show rather than different people each week...
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:36 am

The average persons attention span is short, the average hunter watching a video/show just wants entertainment.

Personaly I would like to see a show about a few bowhunters that travel around to differant states and hunt public areas that are new to them from a camper....maybe a young guy/middle aged guy/older guy and a nice lookin woman who can hunt/hang a stand etc. That would give you two hunter/filmer teams a day. Whack some doe's and decent bucks. Stand/blind placement, some explination of strategy, hunt from early season and right thru January.......but whack deer and have fun, dragging out and the whole bit.

Tactics and explinations are good...but I think to be popular a show has to be entertaining first.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:38 am

Definately a good thing to have the viewers "get to know" the hunters.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Matt Finney

Unread postby Matt Finney » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 am

Definitely a beast style tactical show. I'll buy monster bucks if I want to see a collection of kill shots. Once you've seen 1000 kill shots, you've seen them all.

Tactics are what I want to see. Tell the whole story. Start with maps, scouting, stand placement..... explain the when, where, and why for the hunt that produces a kill...etc.....

Put some public land hunts on there....even better!
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:45 am

Must have it the wrong buttons. I would love to see the hunt for the next pope and young world record and some average guy stuff.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:57 am

I absolutely prefer the tactical type. I want to see the hows and whys? including some map work. As someone said there are tons of entertainment based shows on the tv for free. I do watch them but I have never learned anything that helped me. The Marsh and hill videos on the other hand...are what I was after.(Needed)I watched them both so many times I might have to buy them over cuz they probably getting worn out. I would like a few hunts mixed in here and there as well showing how things played out based on your scouting methods and stand selection. I can honestly say I would buy anything you guys put out...
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:08 pm

dan wrote: A Beast style tactical show would also be about 30 minutes long and would feature one hunt, but would outline the scouting and/or tactic that was used in the hunt and explain how it works in depth...

but there are very few shows that teach anything, especially in an entertaining way.....

Well if you put it that way then I like this idea best :!:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 pm

dan wrote:A Beast style tactical show would also be about 30 minutes long and would feature one hunt, but would outline the scouting and/or tactic that was used in the hunt and explain how it works in depth.

This would be something I would watch.

I've never seen Whitetail addictions but I really enjoyed the Marsh and Hill country DVDs.
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Matt Finney wrote:Definitely a beast style tactical show. I'll buy monster bucks if I want to see a collection of kill shots. Once you've seen 1000 kill shots, you've seen them all.

Tactics are what I want to see. Tell the whole story. Start with maps, scouting, stand placement..... explain the when, where, and why for the hunt that produces a kill...etc.....

Put some public land hunts on there....even better!

This is exactly what I would like to see.

The only thing I would like to add is that I thoroughly enjoy watching regular guys hunting regular public land and harvesting regular deer (which could be a 115" buck if that's a good buck for your area.) Don't get me wrong, I love seeing monster bucks get whacked as much as the next guy, but if we're talking about a show for the regular joe to learn something, I would much rather see results reflecting that. It seems most of the DVD's and shows today put so much emphasis on the inches of bone that their DVD/show contains with zero substance.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:31 pm

I am also for the tactical Beast style show...i bought WA because they use lone wolf stands, fair chase hunts, they're average guys, and andrae the buck bed master was in it, ect. but honestly it didn't really teach me anything. I bought them after watching both of Dan's video's and to say i was dissappointed was an understatment...I loved andrae's interviews in the BBO vids so much i wanted to learn more from the guy about everything we talk about on this site but i was left with an empty wish....I would be interested in seeing one or two guys in an episode indepth from scouting-locating-shining-whatever drove them to hunt that spot that day....i wouldn't worry about being too entertaining because it takes away from the seriousness....as someone stated you guys are a different breed so you should be who you are. The last thing i want to waste my money on is another cookie cutter show that doesn't teach s#*! My $0.02
When better is possible, good is never good enough
Stuart
500 Club

Unread postby Stuart » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm

[glow=red]TACTICAL SIDE[/glow]....

To me all the shows on t.v. today are showing product after product on highly managed land, blah, blah, blah, they shoot the big deer. By just making tactical beast videos of You (Dan) and Andrae and who else (and just to let you know you and Andrae had the best knowledge and parts in the videos of BBO, just saying :lol: :lol: ), this would show to how to shoot the big buck on on your land, not just watch other people do it.

I did like Whitetail Addictions but the tactical videos with input from Andrae would be the best, instant seller :D :D :D

Show the gear you use, how to make it better, real life situations, etc..

Dan should make tactical videos better than Blood Brothers Outdoors to get them back for the upset :lol:
Last edited by Stuart on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:
dan wrote: A Beast style tactical show would also be about 30 minutes long and would feature one hunt, but would outline the scouting and/or tactic that was used in the hunt and explain how it works in depth...

but there are very few shows that teach anything, especially in an entertaining way.....

Well if you put it that way then I like this idea best :!:

:shock: x1000 definitely a good plan!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:10 pm

Tactical show for sure, you can really learn a lot by disecting one kill or even a close encounter.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”