Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pullintoobs
500 Club

Re: Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:58 am

I think it would also be cool to see you go to an unfamiliar public area...one that you have never gone to and try to get on a decent buck. Show all that you put into it. (scouting etc.....) Would be cool to see it pan out and wack a nice one. That would really show that it can be done if you do it right ....If you need a spot I have one in mind. :lol: :lol:

An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:16 am

Tactics and learning for me.

As I read the thread, also was thinking about what would sell better, but Betty Crocker sells cakes not pork but.

There are 3-4 million bowhunters, and 17-20 million total hunters. You will never be all things to all hunters.

1-10% is a good number to sell to. [glow=red]TACTICS[/glow]
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:51 am

Pullintoobs wrote:I think it would also be cool to see you go to an unfamiliar public area...one that you have never gone to and try to get on a decent buck. Show all that you put into it. (scouting etc.....) Would be cool to see it pan out and wack a nice one. That would really show that it can be done if you do it right ....

YUP.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:45 am

I vote tactical beast style hunting, I would watch them over and over to figure out how you got it done. I like the idea from start to finish with the wind, bed the location everything about this would not only be fun to watch but great to learn. Nothing against Whitetail Addictions I liked that show itself, the other dvd's out on the self I wouldn't watch or let the kids watch anymore. I think my kids think every time you go hunting your going to shot a big buck out in a open field in the middle of the day. These types of shows points out all you need is money, and that is not why the BEAST HUNTER does it.
mcmidc

Unread postby mcmidc » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:02 am

I would definetely rather see a beast tactical show. Much more interesting for me. You've got a good niche with your DVDs, stick with it. 8-)
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:46 am

I personally would rather see the tactical... I do watch both and have purchased both. For my $$, the BBO videos were the best I ever purchased. They are different and you have a niche market... get Andrea and board and you will sell them like hot cakes...

I like the idea of start to finish - pick a local, show topos/discussion, entrance route why?, wind why?, kill... discussion afterwards why did you choose one tree over another in that area etc or any other special tactics used why?. I agree with others, the size of the buck is a bonus - I'd be happy to buy a DVD like this if you can show it is public land and u are killing 3+ yr old deer.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:40 am

BOTH! Have the diy hunters explain there set ups too.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:47 am

Tactical, with silly almost ridulous detail. I will relate it to auto repair cuz thats what i do, if you have all the baseline,basic stuff figured out and have been doing it for years, you have a tendancy to assume everyone else does too. Its easy to leave out small details. Call it tactical for toddlers if need be :D for example, I think alot of guys will just shake their heads yes when you ask if they felt the thermals start dropping in the evening. Then ask them later what a thermal is, ummm. Obviously not here on this site but people in general. No one wants to ask the "silly" questions. One of the things that went over well in the hill country dvd was the illustration to go with the tactics. I still think you need some entertianment thrown in as well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”