Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:12 am

Andrae and I were throwing some ideas around... We would like to know if Hypothetically, Would you guys who have seen both my DVD's and Andraes TV show / DVD's rather see a tactical style hunting show that teaches in depth tactics with supporting hunts Beast style? Or see the return of Whitetail addictions that shows the regular guy hunter getting profiled getting it done on big bucks?
Please explain your answer???

JRM6868
The Terminator

Re: Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Unread postby JRM6868 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:15 am

Why can't you do both?
Alternate shows or 15 mins of one and 15 mins of the other?
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 am

tactics!

I would like to see a 'farm country' based tactical DVD.

I have the first 2 LW whitetail addictions and greatly prefer your marsh and hill country videos that are much more tactical in nature...the LW vids are more entertainment. They are very well done just not what I prefer to watch.
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Unread postby RUTIN » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:56 am

BOTH!!!
I think the hunting market NEEDS both right now.... they need a series/dvd to show people why we do the things we do and explain in simple terms how to become better hunters, but at the same time show proof that it actaully works. People want to see kills but I hear alot of people that just as equally want to know why the hunter did what he did. Was it bc of a trail camera, winds, thermals, food, ect. The list goes on for ever, but I truely believe a dvd that taught as well as showed just as much proof would be a great success.

I think just about everyone on here has watched the same boring dvd of...... "Well here we are in ...... and we know this bucks in the area....... blah blah blah! WHO CARES!!!!! Honestly take a hunting show like Heartland Bowhunter where editing and photography make the show. Sure the guys are very likeable and they kill great bucks, but sometimes they dont even say a word and explain everything! Just my two cents....
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:08 am

I would almost be afraid of publicizing these tactics in the media.....I feel like we have one of the best kept hunting secrets on this forum, haha.

Anything you guys put out would be worth watching in my eyes.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:12 am

i wouldnt mind more tactical movies for learning im only 23 and have lots to learn ;)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 am

I really like the tactical part of it, but that makes me wonder, how much more tactics is there to show us ? You covered so much in the first 2 DVD's, I would think sooner or later there will be a shortage on material to fill a DVD ?
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 am

I'm interested in educational stuff. If I want entertainment I can get all I want for free on my TV.
When I got involved in tracking I started buying the Beniot DVD's but they turned out to be more entertainment than educational so I stopped buying them.
Detail is important for learning. Too much detail - even if it seems silly or obvious - is better than not enough.
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 am

I enjoyed the whitetail addictions series, but MUCH prefer tactical information from guys who get it done consistently, especially those that are not priveledged enough to hunt the types of areas the "celebrities" are hunting. In my opinion...the more detailed the better. Hunting Marsh bucks was excellent.
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:35 am

For me, it seems a lot of my buddies just dont get the tactics, or they just dont pay attention. I think a cool show would be both. Showing the regular guy hunting regular ground, even public, and after the kill explaining the hunt in detail. I would also say that all of the advertising stuff gets old quick, seeing all of the video done after the hunt etc, and zooming in on all of the logos, etc, and seeing everyone spraying down with scent control constantly. I would love to see a good Blue Collar deer hunting show without all the fancy sponsors. But, I know a show needs sponsors so there has to be some of it.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:41 am

Whitetail Addiction's style would sell more videos.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 am

If I'm picking either or, I choose the tactical vids. I personally thought the WA stuff got too redundant but my opinion is biased because I have only seen/bought the first video. It was neat to see what ppl do for a living but the hunts were typical whack and stacking. I don't know how many kills you guys have on film but if you were to go through your mounts (like in the special features) and recount the buck, stand set-up, wind, entry route, weather conditions, aerial map, trail cam pics, shining footage, etc. that would be sweet. I don't even need to see the money shot. That way, ppl know you're getting it done in all sorts of terrain and habitats: big woods, farmlands-small and large with fence rows, swamps, hills, etc.

GRFox wrote:I would almost be afraid of publicizing these tactics in the media.....I feel like we have one of the best kept hunting secrets on this forum, haha.

I would bet more than 50% of ppl who see these videos don't have the desire and addiction to go after big mature bucks with these tactics anyways. We''re a different crowd GRFox. :shock:
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:09 am

I know I prefer tactical, however I totally agree that doing both are feasible and probably your best bet to reach a wider audience. Basically a back track show. Document everything you do to kill a particular animal and then come to culmination with the actual kill footage. From the scouting when you first located a particular buck or bed. The story doesn't even necessarily have to end with a kill, but a documentary of your season. You bump the buck...Oh well that is educational! Maybe you see him, but he is out of range and you have to move in closer...that is educational as well. It's real, and it will sell. The way most video are now, even with the close calls where you see a buck has caught your wind and busts out of there you don't really know all the circumstances of the hunt, just that a guy got winded and a deer left.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Josh

Unread postby Josh » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 am

I like tactical idea especially farm country stuff as long as Dans and Andraes hunts are on them.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 am

I would like to see the tactical side again. I haven't seen any WA, though. I agree with INhunter. I like his idea.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”