Quiet/Comfortable Camo

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Quiet/Comfortable Camo

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:46 pm

I am looking to buy some new camo that is super quiet and comfortable. I was using Scentlok camo, but I think there is better out there. Kinda curious on what you guys prefer. What do you fellow beasts hunt in?

wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Re: Quiet/Comfortable Camo

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am

Czabs,

I use Cabela's Microtex uninsulated pants. They keep you cool when warm and warm when it is cool. They also shed water pretty good and dry real fast when they get wet and very quiet.

When it is warm I just use long sleeve cotton shirts. When it is cool or cold I use hoodies with a long sleeve camo cotton shirt over the hoodie. The quietest outer layer I have ever found is a fratzke. They don't make the original fratzke anymore, but they make replicas at legendary whitetails (worth every penny) I shot my buck at ten yards while it was dead still with the fratzke this past year and he never heard me draw.

Hope this helps!
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 am

check out wolf skin from grey wolf woolen, deadly quiet and very comfortable, water resistant as well

http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/pa ... ?pageid=28
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 am

Another vote for grey wolf woolens, I bought a heavy insulated set in 2006 and have wore the out of them, they still shed water pretty good, are very warm, haven't faded, haven't shrunk, and are made in Wisconsin, USA. Jeff is fantastic to work with. A lot of money up front but worth while in the long run IF you take care of the clothes.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:47 am

always thought about trying those wolf woolens for the really cold stuff, i have some under armour clothes i use for early/mid season which is comfy, quiet, and wicks away moisture....good for what i do
When better is possible, good is never good enough
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 am

wool or wolf skin??

I went with the wolf skin, could not afford the wool

love the wolf skin material, they are very good clothes--much better than anything off the rack at your local sporting goods store

muddy wrote:Another vote for grey wolf woolens, I bought a heavy insulated set in 2006 and have wore the out of them, they still shed water pretty good, are very warm, haven't faded, haven't shrunk, and are made in Wisconsin, USA. Jeff is fantastic to work with. A lot of money up front but worth while in the long run IF you take care of the clothes.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:07 am

also consider trying army surplus polypropylene from the ECWCS gear series for your base layers

warmer than under armour cold and much much cheaper when bough used at your local army store

i wear level 2 most of the time in cold weather and level 1 + 2 when its very cold

http://www.adsinc.com/gen-iii-ecwcs-level-II

RaisedByWolves wrote:always thought about trying those wolf woolens for the really cold stuff, i have some under armour clothes i use for early/mid season which is comfy, quiet, and wicks away moisture....good for what i do
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:13 am

Enigma Camo. Click on the link In my signature.
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 am

Schultzy wrote:Enigma Camo. Click on the link In my signature.

Beat me to it!

X2
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:44 am

76 - I have 2 sets in wolfskin, I hate dealing with burrs and stickers.

76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 am

I ordered a hooded jacket and love it, will order some bibs before the fall also...very impressed with their quality

muddy wrote:76 - I have 2 sets in wolfskin, I hate dealing with burrs and stickers.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 am

I"m not a fan of hoods for some reason. I have 2 bibs and 2 pullovers, one heavy one light. I'd like to get another light set in brown deception for warmer hunting in Oct/Nov, the heavy fall grey stuff is like wearing a wool coat, tho I don't get cold EVER.

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:22 am

I always wanted to try the Gray Wolf Woolens but its expensive! I might buy something this year though, if you guys think its worth the money.
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:26 am

also check out asat, some very good deals now

http://www.asatcamo.com/index.htm
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:09 am

X2 I have the ASAT elite pants and coat and they are quiet and comfortable. They block the wind, so they are warm to a point. They are not snow on the ground warm, but Michigan and Kansas during October and November are fine with good base layers. I have their 3D suit for early season. For the real cold stuff, I have a cheap pair of bibs and a decent quality Cabelas pull over. I do not recommend pull overs, as they can be a pain to put on (dangerous) when up in a stand. Plus if you are wearing it and walking, you can only unzip it so far.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”