how to pack the lone wolf sit climber?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

76chevy
500 Club

how to pack the lone wolf sit climber?

Unread postby 76chevy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 am

working with it some the past couple days and can't get it setup not to rattle some...I have the kwik straps but it seems there is no good way to pack the seat to the platform without rattling.

am I missing some obvious way to pack it ??

". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Re: how to pack the lone wolf sit climber?

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 am

i don't own one but i would put the 3way bungee through the bow holder and wrap it up around the seat and hook it deep on the platform so its tight. Then cinch down the stabilizer straps crosswise to snug it some more....or add regular bungee's..Are you packing just the stand by itself? Or adding other gear to it?
When better is possible, good is never good enough
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:45 am

other gear to it

just a jacket or overalls, nothing real heavy

RaisedByWolves wrote:i don't own one but i would put the 3way bungee through the bow holder and wrap it up around the seat and hook it deep on the platform so its tight. Then cinch down the stabilizer straps crosswise to snug it some more....or add regular bungee's..Are you packing just the stand by itself? Or adding other gear to it?
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

i can only think that your bungee may not be tight enough....maybe adding clothes under it will help snug it up, but you may need a new bungee
When better is possible, good is never good enough
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:00 am

found a good video here, I think I was not positioning the sit bar correctly...

http://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/ ... r-stand_12
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:49 am

76chevy wrote:working with it some the past couple days and can't get it setup not to rattle some...I have the kwik straps but it seems there is no good way to pack the seat to the platform without rattling.

am I missing some obvious way to pack it ??

Got a picture of your set up?

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Gibby
500 Club

Unread postby Gibby » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I position mine like the video but I connect my bungee differently, I put the two hook ends in the brush holes (in the corners) at the end of the platform and attach the plastic hook onto the black platform crossbar
I then pack any additional clothing (mid layers and outer jacket) under the bungee straps for the walk in so I dont overheat.
I have also put some tape on the seat bar so it doesnt make metal noise against the platform
Last edited by Gibby on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I don't use any bungee and it packs quiet. I use the stabilizer straps in a cross pattern if I recall correctly, been a while since I used that stand. The sit bar is the only thing that could make any noise, but mine is tight enough that it doesn't swing freely.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”