funnel question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

funnel question

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 am

Image this funnel on my proporty has been productive through out the years but, i have problems hunting it on the right winds cant figure out what wind to properly hunt this funnel. last year i had realy nice ten that came throught the first day i hunted the funnel on oct30 but the deer winded me just as i put my release on and bolted. im still kicking my self for that one :( can any one help with suggestions or tactics

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: funnel question

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:34 am

A N.West wind would cause the thermal tunnel effect. Rising thermals and a wind over the top. In that situation I would expect bucks cruising right in the spot you have marked during the pre-rut.
BigHunt

Re: funnel question

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 am

Imagesorry lost the pic but got it back :lol: i actually had two bucks that mournig cruse that funnel one of the deer was a 120-125 8 point 2 1/2 year old i passed it and my boddie shot it on halloween night and i wasnt very happy cause ive been wacthing this buck for two years and passed him acople differnt times. I told him not ot shot it but he coulnt resist, but in the end i wasnt to mad it was his biggest buck :D . i try to judge them my best and try to shoot at least 3 1/2 and ill hold out if i know if its got good potential. other buck wonder on to my land during the pre rut from the neighboring farms, so ive never seen most of these deer and they walk through this funnel prety fast and leave me with little time.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”