Deer Shining Lights

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Deer Shining Lights

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 pm

What deer spotlights do you guys use or recommend? Mine took a crap last weekend and I am looking to get a different one since I really didn't like it anyways.

Thanks

cornfedkiller
500 Club

Re: Deer Shining Ligths

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 pm

I (and a few others on this site that I know of) use the Brinkman Q-Beam Max Million III. It does a really good job for the price!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinkmann-Q-B ... gMethod=rr
76chevy
500 Club

Re: Deer Shining Lights

Unread postby 76chevy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 am

have the Brinkman Q-Beam Max Million III and love it for shining :mrgreen:

26 bucks at walmart
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 am

I would have to look at what name brand I have, but it can be used in the field(has own battery/rechargeable). Its got twin bulbs and is pretty bright. I would NOT RECOMMEND IT. Its big and heavy and that gets old when you do a lot of shining. I also never used it in the field and have since lost the cord.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Dewey

Re: Deer Shining Ligths

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:13 am

cornfedkiller wrote:I (and a few others on this site that I know of) use the Brinkman Q-Beam Max Million III. It does a really good job for the price!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinkmann-Q-B ... gMethod=rr

Same spotlight I have. You can't beat the price and it works great. Mine came with a carrying case and a spare bulb.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 am

I agree, Brinkman Q-Beam
I don't like the rechargable spot lights. They never seem to last long.
foltzy

Unread postby foltzy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

another good light is made by cyclops, it's 3.5 mill candle power and half the size of the Q-Beam. Cabelas sells them for 25 bucks. I used to use a Q-Beam till I found this light.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am

Also worth mentioning how I almost burned my friends truck to the ground. Had a light that had a bad switch, so it was wired "on" at all times. Got old pulling the plug all the way out and then trying to find the receptacle again in the dark, so I started half pulling it. Worked great that night. I laid the light on the floor when we got back to the camp and we got out. What we didn't know was the doors slamming turned the light back on and yes it melted the carpet in a perfect circle (lens was facing down). Not likely to happen to anybody else, but ya never know as they say...........
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”