hill country bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

hill country bedding

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Image one spring morning me and my buddie were out scouting for beds and shrooms, we were finding more mushrooms then beds :lol: anyway we were walking this elevatoin line and my freind steped right in it. there it was. About a three foot bed hair all over, there were tracks but i wasnt thinking and diddnt use the finger trick. two old rubs and one fant trail coming in and out going left to right. I came back a week later to check for mushrooms close to the area and there was two more beds. i think that it may be the same deer just bedding on differnt winds
what do beast think?
dont know if hes dropping down to feed or going back to that water hole i got marked then hitting that field?
how should i attempt this bedding situation?

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: hill country bedding

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 am

My photo editor is not working right now, but I would say that typically if your expecting him to go straight to the water on a hot dry day, I would want to cut him off around where you have the word " bed" printed on the map...
I would have my stand on the right side of the trail if the wind came out the South west, and on the left side if it came out of the South East... Straight south wind would probably not work for hunting the pond.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”