Road Kills

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Road Kills

Unread postby Dewey » Sun May 22, 2011 7:23 pm

I can't believe the number of road killed deer I am seeing all over the past few weeks. It's normal this time of the year that the yearlings get killed while momma is having her fawns but it seems much worse than other years. Hopefully that is a sign that the deer population is getting better.

On my drive to work the other day I counted 14 road kills along a 35 mile stretch of Highway 41/45 just in the southbound land and that only included the ones on the edge of the road that I could see!! Who knows how many others crawled further off the road and died.

I am out of venison and may have to contact a warden and pick a few fresh ones up!!

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: Road Kills

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon May 23, 2011 12:58 am

Dewey wrote:I can't believe the number of road killed deer I am seeing all over the past few weeks. It's normal this time of the year that the yearlings get killed while momma is having her fawns but it seems much worse than other years. Hopefully that is a sign that the deer population is getting better.

On my drive to work the other day I counted 14 road kills along a 35 mile stretch of Highway 41/45 just in the southbound land and that only included the ones on the edge of the road that I could see!! Who knows how many others crawled further off the road and died.

I am out of venison and may have to contact a warden and pick a few fresh ones up!!

I've been thinking the same thing, hopefully its a good sign. Lately I have just seen deer out browsing all over the place it definitely seems like the numbers are getting better. I can't speak for the CWD zone they could still be without deer I don't travel through any of those counties much.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue May 24, 2011 2:34 am

I have seen it also, and alot of bucks too! :evil:
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:00 am

Black Squirrel wrote:I have seen it also, and alot of bucks too! :evil:

Same here in Ohio