earn a buck gone in Wisconsin !

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

earn a buck gone in Wisconsin !

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri May 06, 2011 12:06 am

Has anybody else heard this ? I have now heard it on the radio and supposively it's in the Wisconsin outdoors paper... We will have a choice to shoot doe or buck for our first deer, archery or gun season, doesn't matter, first deer you have a choice of what to shoot. Then if you want to shoot another buck, you have to earn that one. I guess here in the CWD zone, they give away the doe tags, but everywhere else you have to pay for them, or at least that's the way I take it anyway....

I still can't believe I actually get a choice of what to shoot first.... I never thought I would see that again in the CWD zone. Maybe things are looking up a little bit in Wisconsin ? I hear there is still a youth hunt, and a doe season in October though.... But I'm guessing they're won't be so many people hunting that doe season, if we don't have to earn our first buck.

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: earn a buck gone in Wisconsin !

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 am

8-)
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri May 06, 2011 1:38 am

Excellent news for those of you in the badger state!
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 am

Finally...I don't have to listen to my Packer buddies complaining every fall...
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri May 06, 2011 5:39 am

Sounds like a good deal!
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:41 am

I see this as good and bad. Good for obvious reasons- no EAB. Bad b/c it took polititions to do it. We need to have politics out of the decision making regarding our natural resources. I don't trust 'em. I have to wonder if the senators who wrote the bill were trying to earn votes. I know this won't be a popular stance but it's what I believe.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri May 06, 2011 9:16 am

We still have EAB in the CWD area... YES we have now the ability to shoot the 1st buck without killing a doe, but greed for more buck tags will still be killing to many does.
PEAKRUT

Unread postby PEAKRUT » Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

To bad they are still having the early gun season here in the CWD zone.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm

dan wrote:We still have EAB in the CWD area... YES we have now the ability to shoot the 1st buck without killing a doe, but greed for more buck tags will still be killing to many does.

I honestly do not see the greed factor where I hunt, which I am very glad... For the most part, most people are happy with shooting one buck. Now that might mean one buck during bow season, and one during gun hunting, which I really don't like, I wish it was only one buck per year no matter how you get it, archery or gun..
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue May 17, 2011 11:45 pm

PEAKRUT wrote:To bad they are still having the early gun season here in the CWD zone.

I really think a lot of people in the past have hunted that early doe hunt just to get a buck tag.... but now that you can shoot a buck for your first deer, I don't think there will be the same amount of people hunting that early doe hunt..... Of course I am talking about private land , I guess I'm not sure about public hunting, I suspect that there will still be a pretty good amount of hunters there....
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 am

Good riddin's... In Wisconsin Outdoor News there is some grumbling about the deer bill, SB 75, and it becoming "law", but I say, bring it on. Lets get back to traditional Wisconsin deer hunts! I don't hunt in the CWD zone, but still feel for the people that do. Hopefully they will come to their senses there too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”