Where to buy satilite or AP pics from now

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MTDJAGER
Facebook: Arthur R Dirindin

Where to buy satilite or AP pics from now

Unread postby MTDJAGER » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 am

For well over two decades I bought my aerial photos and topo's from mytopo.com but now their WS is TOTALLY different and I can no longer just design and buy my own AP's overlaid with a topo and plane topo's. I do my best scouting with the use of AP/topo hybrids and are much better with them than topo's.
Anyone know where I can still buy good satellite quality AP's?

To my way of scouting and planning hunts nothing beats having multiple AP's or topo'd put together to help pre scout enter scouting data I found and plan my hunts accordingly.

I know there are all kinds of phone apps like ONX and I even have ONX but I still like having a AP as a back up for land navigation in large areas I'm not familiar with to avoid getting to badly turned around or lost in case my phone fails or can't get a signal.

So am I out of luck and will have to adapt to phone apps or is there a place i can get Ap's still off the internet that doesn't require I drive to my local farm bureau to get them even if they still offer them.

elk yinzer
500 Club

Re: Where to buy satilite or AP pics from now

Unread postby elk yinzer » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:01 am

Huntstand has monthly satellite photos. Some months are better than others and they don't have any map overlay features as they should, but it's workable for me. I don't spend nearly as much time and effort map scouting as I used to, everyone does it now and they all end up in the same places.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
MTDJAGER
Facebook: Arthur R Dirindin

Re: Where to buy satilite or AP pics from now

Unread postby MTDJAGER » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:02 am

elk yinzer wrote:Huntstand has monthly satellite photos. Some months are better than others and they don't have any map overlay features as they should, but it's workable for me. I don't spend nearly as much time and effort map scouting as I used to, everyone does it now and they all end up in the same places.

I do use my to aid in scouting but much more to avoid getting lost or ending up taking longer than needed when using a compass.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”