2011 Wisconsin Spring Hearing Results

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

2011 Wisconsin Spring Hearing Results

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Looks like crossbows got shot down again!!

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/nrboard/congress/ ... index.html

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: 2011 Wisconsin Spring Hearing Results

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm

I see 1 question that I would personally like to see get passed #28

Allow the archery season to run right thru the 9 day firearm season (with the use of blaze orange)!!!! ;)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:42 am

Wrinkleneck wrote:I see 1 question that I would personally like to see get passed #28

Allow the archery season to run right thru the 9 day firearm season (with the use of blaze orange)!!!! ;)

I agree..........most of the deer I shot gun hunting would have been pretty easy shots with my bow. If this becomes law I might have to consider but too bad I just bought a new deer rifle a few years ago. :roll:
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 am

I think if they had a vote like that in Michigan, it would have showed a similar trend. However the state saw $$$$$$ and allowed them into the archery season.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
mossyoak

Unread postby mossyoak » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:05 am

Wrinkleneck wrote:I see 1 question that I would personally like to see get passed #28

X2 are they trying to pass this for the up coming year?
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 am

mossyoak wrote:

these are just advisory questions, The Conservation Congress reccomends these bills, based on the peoples vote. They usually take about 2 years if the DNR decides to act on them. So, I don't think you'll se it this year yet, hopefully next year.
mossyoak

Unread postby mossyoak » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:27 am

Black Squirrel wrote:
mossyoak wrote:

these are just advisory questions, The Conservation Congress reccomends these bills, based on the peoples vote. They usually take about 2 years if the DNR decides to act on them. So, I don't think you'll se it this year yet, hopefully next year.

Ok thanks I was not sure how this worked
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:57 pm

I very well might be wrong, but I think it would be hard for them to do this, cause of the money they would lose from the guys that would say, screw it, I'm not buying a gun tag, just gonna bow hunt.

I would like it though too!
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm

I also see hunting with rifles past in Waupaca Co. I don't hunt Waupaca, but know people that do. I see this hurting their big buck class there. I know when you look at states like Iowa that are shotgun that the season structure helps not kill bucks ( by not gun hunting during the peak, or even solid into the rut), but I feel part of it is due to you just can't reach out and touch them like with a rifle.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 am

hunt n nut wrote:I also see hunting with rifles past in Waupaca Co. I don't hunt Waupaca, but know people that do. I see this hurting their big buck class there. I know when you look at states like Iowa that are shotgun that the season structure helps not kill bucks ( by not gun hunting during the peak, or even solid into the rut), but I feel part of it is due to you just can't reach out and touch them like with a rifle.

Wish WI would go to, shotguns only statewide, for that reason. Wouldn't mind seeing one buck per hunter per year also. Then I think we would have more big bucks around.Just don't see it ever happening though. Like someone else said they would loose too much money.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 am

The recommendation to lower the age for crossbows to 55 passed.
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:52 am

I do hunt Waupaca county and have heard alot about the rifle thing over the past few months. Some of the guys I know that hunt and live there are very opposed, others seem to care very little. The overall terrain in Waupaca is rolling so although you might see the occasional 200 yard shot I think the mature buck harvest will remain very similar. It's super flat land that is negatively affected the most when rifle hunting is allowed, we just don't have alot of the around here.

The other thing to think about is that although you may be able to shoot 200 yards at the range very affectively, shooting off hand at a buck running full speed across a cornfield at this distance for most of us is a prayer. In general I have heard you see very little daytime activities in fields for mature bucks and usually the slobs you see taken are in thick riverbottoms and woodlots, in this scenario a rifle ain't going to help you much.

My friends that do gun hunt Waupaca have described opening day as a pumpkin patch. It makes me wonder why the DNR doesn't see rifles as an overall safety compromise.....
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”