These Animals are tough! Check this out.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

upwind predator
500 Club

These Animals are tough! Check this out.

Unread postby upwind predator » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:39 pm

I was slicing up the heart of the buck i shot for supper last night and went to “core” out the end portion where all the main tubes go in and hit something hard with my knife. No wonder he was so tough there was a piece of bone in there in the center of the tubes just inside the heart. Unbelievable and it had been there awhile. I cleaned it up best i could but it was for sure a bone.They never cease to amaze me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KRONIIK
500 Club

Re: These Animals are tough! Check this out.

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:20 pm

So do you think it was a fragment of one of the shoulder bones that got blasted into the heart from an earlier rifle shot, auto collision or what?
(Was he limping or did he have other evidence of a previous injury?)
upwind predator
500 Club

Re: These Animals are tough! Check this out.

Unread postby upwind predator » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:26 pm

KRONIIK wrote:So do you think it was a fragment of one of the shoulder bones that got blasted into the heart from an earlier rifle shot, auto collision or what?
(Was he limping or did he have other evidence of a previous injury?)

No limping no nothing, processor didnt see any signs of damaged meat or bone anywhere. Only thing i could think of logically happening was it had to of happened when he was real young, or maybe a possible birth defect. Just a guess tho

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”