Target Acquired ... kind of...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad
500 Club

Target Acquired ... kind of...

Unread postby Brad » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:16 am

Well, my first year using trail cameras has produced a few pictures that have gotten me very interested in a specific buck. I have 4 cameras in the area and I have only one picture of him on each of three different cameras. No pictures of him on my 4th camera, which interestingly enough is between two cameras I did get him on. The pictures were on July 9th at 9:19 am, July 25th at noon, and October 7th at 3:50 am.
What do you guys think that means? Is it possible that he lives in the area? or is it more likely he lives further away but comes to check on the area? There are a good number of does, fawns, and young bucks that show up on camera regularly, so it is a place I would have been hunting during the weeks leading up to the rut anyway, but now I'm really hoping to find this specific buck hanging around. I killed what I believe was the dominant buck of the area last year on this property on November 3rd, and he was just walking around with does in the morning, then I saw him 4 times during the day before getting a shot on him. With him gone, I had a feeling another big one or more would likely move into the area, but I know it's a good rut spot because of all the does anyway. Anyway, these are my 3 pics of him.

July 9th
IMG_0462.JPG

July 25th
IMG_0276.JPG

October 7th
IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prairie Sasquatch
500 Club

Re: Target Acquired ... kind of...

Unread postby Prairie Sasquatch » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:20 am

I’m sure he will be around those does at some point here soon. Seems like good spots will backfill with big bucks. Good luck
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:38 am

Dude, that's a nice buck.

Good luck!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:16 am

He’s got that rocking chair on his head!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:27 am

Bonecrusher101 wrote:He’s got that rocking chair on his head!

yea, i could vaguely make out that he had that double split G2. Thats how I realized that it's very likely the same buck I had on camera in July. I knew he'd end up a pretty big one with that much antler in July... now I know. Just hoping he's there while I'm there.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:09 pm

Brad wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:He’s got that rocking chair on his head!

yea, i could vaguely make out that he had that double split G2. Thats how I realized that it's very likely the same buck I had on camera in July. I knew he'd end up a pretty big one with that much antler in July... now I know. Just hoping he's there while I'm there.

Good luck I hope you get him!!!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”