New to me hill country question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

CajunSwampStalker

New to me hill country question

Unread postby CajunSwampStalker » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:55 am

So I finally got around to diving in to some hill country I’ve been wanting to hunt. We’re talking 0-200 foot hills. Over the years I’ve soaked up as must knowledge on this subject as possible because I knew the time would come. This past weekend was strictly scout mission. Spent most of the day crossing off spots(boots on the ground) from cyber scouting throughout the last 2 years. Too much human sign for me.

I found this particular spot late in the day with decent sign this past weekend but didn’t wanna intrude to much then. Went in picked a tree for first observation sit this coming Friday. Well I thought we’d have a N wind while hunting but by Saturday the winds will be back out of the South. Doh!! So the blue dots were “scout pins” Red dot was tree I had picked out to sit with N wind.

I’m thinking I just access from the North instead of south and slowly work my way south as the weekend goes by and as sign shows. No particular bedding that I know of in this area but the acorns are dropping, tracks and trails and lots of scat. Any feed back would be appreciated. If you see anything that stands out please share. Also should mention there is a little water in this creek but not impassable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<DK>
500 Club

Re: New to me hill country question

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:57 am

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”