Careful with those knives

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mopar1169
500 Club

Re: Careful with those knives

Unread postby Mopar1169 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:39 am

Thanks everyone for the support. Surgery went good. The splint they are using isn't very intrusive. So I should be able to do some hunting around home. Be stuck on the ground or in presets. But better then nothing.

Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:07 pm

Mopar1169 wrote:Thanks everyone for the support. Surgery went good. The splint they are using isn't very intrusive. So I should be able to do some hunting around home. Be stuck on the ground or in presets. But better then nothing.

Great news for sure.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:14 am

Mopar1169 wrote:Thanks everyone for the support. Surgery went good. The splint they are using isn't very intrusive. So I should be able to do some hunting around home. Be stuck on the ground or in presets. But better then nothing.

Good luck on recovery.
I have a clot kit in my vehicle but normally not carry it. Might reconsider.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
Groundhunter@1
500 Club

Unread postby Groundhunter@1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:14 am

Glad your okay. Good reminder is, Always close blade when not in use......Always put fixed blade back in sheath when not in use, Never on the ground....
Always work knife away from you....

It's so easy for that to happen to any of us. I am remote, so yes I have a med kit, and I carry Quick Klot......
jake71

Unread postby jake71 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:08 pm

I cut my thumb pretty bad a few years back while field dressing a doe that my kid shot in youth season. I was excited about him getting the deer and I was using my buddy's knife which had a guthook which I don't normally use. I ran my thumb right over the blade while using the gut hook. Man that hurt and my thumb is still numb on one side. In addition to slowing down I now also like to carry those cut-resistant gloves in a field dress kit.
"I am, said Jesus. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty one and coming on the clouds of heaven."

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”