A huge thank you from my Ukrainian friends

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

The Silence

A huge thank you from my Ukrainian friends

Unread postby The Silence » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:22 am

I want to pass on a huge thank you from my Ukrainian friends to all the men and women on this forum. They do not take lightly the help they have been receiving from us as Americans.

My friend told me a few weeks ago that our help has been a "defense against slavery" for them. Earlier in the war tank columns got within 1.5 miles of his home. His son has had a bounty on his head
for almost a decade now (this includes his family as well). My friend's grandfather died in a Soviet hard labor camp in Siberia back in the day. He was sent there twice, he never came home the second time.
His 2 crimes: inviting people in a village to come to church on Easter and hiring a few guys at harvest time because he only had daughters to help him. This is the type of slavery he is talking about.

I am in touch with my friends 3-5 times a week these days. My family and I lived there for 11 years soon after the Iron Curtain fell. Again, thank you so much.

The Silence

P.S. Feel free to PM if you have any questions. Also, have an amazing hunting season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”