Deerfest

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

Re: Deerfest

Unread postby tim » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:59 pm

Had a good visit , glad I was able to make it.

Andr3wxmma
Facebook: Andrew Mattison

Unread postby Andr3wxmma » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:02 pm

I got out there when they opened up Friday, i had a great time. I hadn't seen deer fest in its precovid glory but coming from places that don't do things like this i was happy with it.

The gf and I started the day off by putting a deposit down on the only pup the chocolate river gun dog trainers had available(ones man cancellation is another's good luck). We had been searching around for my hunting dog for the last month or so and this one fell into our lap.

We shot a couple bows. (Wish they had some prime there)

She got to meet the old guy i'm always watching on youtube(Dan), got to talk to a few of the other beasts i hadn't met before. I bought a beast gear hat that the gf has already claimed.

She even convinced me to grab the bow out of the truck and shoot a few rounds on the pop up targets. Ended up shooting pretty rough ( i rushed everything after watching the person before me not get shots off on all targets) ended up with an 84 before one of my inserts was coming unglued and i only had 5 arrows on me so i called it a night.

We had looked up the beast mode archery challenges prior to going and were excited to learn more about the shoots because we both care about fitness and like shooting bows but sadly the couple who puts it on came down with a sickness the morning before the event and they didn't have the 3d course setup.

I'll definitely be back next year.
clandestine.misfit

Unread postby clandestine.misfit » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:25 pm

greenhorndave wrote:The number of booths was way down. Good people tho, got to see Marty Moose again (great guy) and met Clandestine Misfit for the first time. Jake Sklenar too. I tell ya fellas, that lady can shoot! Set the best score of the day right near the end on a cool course that had pop-up 3d targets.

Good seeing friends there.

The shirt and it's inspiration...
20220806_123933.jpg

Great to meet you! Thanks for the big compliment! :)
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:17 pm

Really, the show was down? That has been my favorite show. Went in 19 and 21, was a great show both years. Not the biggest, but the best. The BEAST booth is always a good time. Couldn't make it this year and wish I could have, but life gets in its own way sometimes.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:29 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:Really, the show was down? That has been my favorite show. Went in 19 and 21, was a great show both years. Not the biggest, but the best. The BEAST booth is always a good time. Couldn't make it this year and wish I could have, but life gets in its own way sometimes.

Missed you, buddy!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:49 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:Really, the show was down? That has been my favorite show. Went in 19 and 21, was a great show both years. Not the biggest, but the best. The BEAST booth is always a good time. Couldn't make it this year and wish I could have, but life gets in its own way sometimes.

I talked with the promoter "Hugh" and it sounds like me and Mario are going to do seminars there next year and he is looking for a big name to draw more crowd and more vendors. Personally, I would like to see more stuff at a show like this, but for $10 entry its just a fun time to see old friends and hang out and well worth $10 if you didnt have anything else going. Saturday was really slow, which is odd... Thats usually the big day at shows. But Friday and Sunday were fairly busy.

It was cool seeing everyone who stopped. old friends new friends, etc.
mobymikeguide

Unread postby mobymikeguide » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:33 am

I had a great time talking deer hunting with Dan, Mario and Josh!
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 am

I had a great time at DeerFest! It wasn't as busy as we would have liked, but it's still awesome to see old faces and talk to new ones. ;)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”