Gear for this year.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Primetime

Re: Gear for this year.

Unread postby Primetime » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:54 pm

got the beast stand in a trade and beast minis. very excited to use that set up and compare to my .5 and lwcg minis. And I need arrows.. I'd also like to get a nice cold weather vest. Debating between the Fanatic vest or the Asio Vest. If anyone has a recommendation on that id appreciate it.

Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:58 pm

oh and i may like to try one of those new rock climbing style tree stand harnesses by Dryad or whoever else has one..
sagDE

Unread postby sagDE » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:51 am

I purchased a pair of binoculars and need a new pair of rubber boots. I wore my lacrosse Grange boots to paint fences this earlier this summer now they've got a sweet custom white paint job.
OntarioWoodsman
Facebook: Attila Bajus

Unread postby OntarioWoodsman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:40 am

I'm hopefully pretty dialled for this season only thing that would make things a little more efficient for setting my sticks would be the XOP holster kit. https://xopoutdoors.com/products/climbi ... r-brackets
Unfortunately they don't ship to Canada and no one carries them up here. Anyone down in the US wanna do me a solid and order them for me then mail them? I'll pay for the shipping/mailing fees. DM me!
Otherwise just impatiently waiting to get rolling for our Oct 1 opener!
Jess

Unread postby Jess » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:55 pm

New eberlestock x2 pack and some skre gear.
WVArcher32

Unread postby WVArcher32 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:14 am

I purchased a tethrd phantom saddle, and the beast mini's. Been practicing setting up, slowly getting more comfortable with it.
Chooch2.0

Unread postby Chooch2.0 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:03 am

Some years I go nutty over “new gear”, be it attire, saddle-tweaks, etc.. some years, like this one, I remember:

Baseball players today will spend 2 minutes adjusting their batting gloves before an at bat. Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs one seasons wiping his hands with dirt. Nothing new for me this year!
People got lots to say about lives they’ve never lived. Comparison is the thief of joy.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:32 am

I bought an oversized flannel to layer under. Cheap and quiet. I just had my wife add some pockets, they work well for phone and calls etc.... I'm in the process of fading it a tad too.

20220827_120748.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:35 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I bought an oversized flannel to layer under. Cheap and quiet. I just had my wife add some pockets, they work well for phone and calls etc.... I'm in the process of fading it a tad too.

20220827_120748.jpg

Nice yeah pockets are something that I seem to never have enough of. I like things in their own specific spot.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:37 am

over the past few years, I had tweaked most of my gear to where I wanted it. Bow has been set now for a couple years, Arrows I got dialed in good last year, tweaked them some from the previous setup. I had been doing a number of saddle things, but kept coming back to the stand, so this year, I sold off most of my saddle stuff, and extra gear, and settled on one of the lightweight stands, got it all set up. I did go from my DIY wraptor style saddle I was using as a harness to a battle belt (had in the box from when I 1st tried a DIY saddle, I went thru 3 iterations) with linesman belt built into it, with leg loops, much more comfortable wearing in, less fiddle factor, I can still use as a saddle or harness. should be a fun year if my shoulder doesn't keep acting up. I have also gone away from most Camo clothes, back to solids with a flannel shirt to break it up, layered over it all, it depends on the season what will get pulled out.
CattailCommander

Unread postby CattailCommander » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:21 am

Just bought my first cell cam... unfortunately its going to be used for trespassers/thieves on my grandmas land first then later this fall will probably use it to monitor rut activity. Sheriffs department has been monitoring it for drug activity so I hid a trail cam down there to maybe catch who it is, well after a month and half someone found it who didn't want to be on camera. It will be going 15-20ft up in a tree, so if anyone has any advice/tips for hiding cameras, catching trespassers, preventing the theft of it, I'm open to suggestions!
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:31 am

mike_mc wrote:Got some used gold tip hunter arrows on eBay, 21 arrows for $90.

Trying qad Exodus broadheads this year.

Got a pack of Deepower lighted nocks, seem nice so far. A 6 pack is $15.
https://youtu.be/DHIf1yJ0pxY

How did these work out for you? I just ordered some.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:08 pm

Good, all still work except one I shot a deer with. I think the blood dried and the moving parts stuck.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:48 pm

Bought my licenses last week lol
PApublic1187
500 Club

Unread postby PApublic1187 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:12 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:I bought an oversized flannel to layer under. Cheap and quiet. I just had my wife add some pockets, they work well for phone and calls etc.... I'm in the process of fading it a tad too.

20220827_120748.jpg

Nice add on pockets there. Makes the shirt 10X more versatile
Nothing beats some tree therapy. Deer sightings or not

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”