Wednesday Wisdom

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Public Prowler

Wednesday Wisdom

Unread postby Public Prowler » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:14 am

Hey all,

Kicking this new idea off today with the post I made. This is a place where I’d like to start posting each Wednesday. The aim it to be inspirational and to teach a lesson. Here’s this week’s (06/16/2022)

“Someone asked me once in an interview; What was growin’ up like, where’d you go to school and what would you do, if you weren’t doing this?” If you’re a country music fan, chances are you recognize this intro to the great song by Luke Combs. If you aren’t a country fan, “Doin’ This” is a song that hypothesizes what Luke would do if he weren’t singing on records, performing on big stages, and pouring his heart out to millions of fans. His answer? I’d still be doing this. Whether a small stage in a local bar or the Grand Ole Opry, Combs was born to sing country music with his buddies and put his heart and soul through a microphone. He was born for this.

The message we can all take away lies in a simple question; “What were you born to do?” Were you born to help others and save lives as a first responder? Were you born to pursue big bucks in the toughest of terrains? Were you born to teach and guide others to a successful future?Were you born to hike and scout for countless miles in pursuit of your dreams? Or were you born to sit at a desk at a dead end job and paperwork your life away? What are you born to do?

The next step is, what are you doing right now that doesn’t serve your purpose? This one may be a little harder to answer, because that dead end job may be funding the future pursuits of your dream. Find the habits you need to break, and chip away at them. Put a few minutes more per day to your passion. Have a conversation about your aspirations with a coworker, log your ideas, ask others for help/advice getting your feet off the ground. These small investments lead to huge dividends.

When I asked Arron Warbriton what I should focus on in pursuing my dream/purpose he and Dan agreed, “Just be yourself”. These guys understand a desire, a passion, and a purpose when they see one. Each day I work on unlocking my passion and pursuing my dreams incrementally more than the last day. And soon enough, I’ll be able to chase those dreams full time. And trust me, once that happens, there’s no stopping me.

So what is your purpose, what are you doing each day to achieve that dream, and would you still be living your life the same way if you had the choice?

Scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, hunt, then scout again.
mpernest

Re: Wednesday Wisdom

Unread postby mpernest » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:30 am

I like what you're doing here. I do something similar in both my work life and personal life. I hope you keep doing this.

My purpose(s) at this point in my life is to serve God, love my wife, act as a coach from a distance for my adult children, mentor and train young professionals in the workplace, encourage others, and love the heck out of my new grandbaby.

Hunting and art are my personal passions, but they aren't my purpose. I view purpose more in terms of how I'm impacting others as opposed to how I'm feeding my own drives. I pursue my passions diligently and methodically, but I would never put my own passions ahead of any of the things listed above that I view in terms of purpose. Where the two can align, well, that's wonderful, but what I want versus what I am is never a question.
“There is no one else to blame.” -Jocko Willink
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:38 am

8-)
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:18 am

mpernest wrote:I like what you're doing here. I do something similar in both my work life and personal life. I hope you keep doing this.

My purpose(s) at this point in my life is to serve God, love my wife, act as a coach from a distance for my adult children, mentor and train young professionals in the workplace, encourage others, and love the heck out of my new grandbaby.

Hunting and art are my personal passions, but they aren't my purpose. I view purpose more in terms of how I'm impacting others as opposed to how I'm feeding my own drives. I pursue my passions diligently and methodically, but I would never put my own passions ahead of any of the things listed above that I view in terms of purpose. Where the two can align, well, that's wonderful, but what I want versus what I am is never a question.

Extremely well put. I feel very much the same way, but would have had trouble conveying it as well as you did.

I have three small children and a wonderful wife so my purpose largely begins and ends there. A younger me would have winced at the selflessness it takes to be the best Father and Husband I can be, but he was an idiot.
Strategically Inefficient
Public Prowler

Unread postby Public Prowler » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:03 pm

mpernest wrote:I like what you're doing here. I do something similar in both my work life and personal life. I hope you keep doing this.

Very very wise response.
Scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, hunt, then scout again.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”