a game of inches

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DaveT1963
500 Club

Re: a game of inches

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:07 am

Spot on video Dan. The more I hunt the thick nasty spots, down here it's CRP and plum/blackberry thickets, the far less likely there's a tree to get up in, and when I do I seldom get over 6 to 10 ft high. In other areas, our trees branch out low and if you get north of 18 foot you are above most of the canopy and won't have a shot. does no good to get in a good spot if you can't get the shot when and if a buck comes through.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:05 am

Your unreal :!:
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:19 pm

Anybody see the comment from a guy saying he can easily hunt out of any of the trees I hunt out of with his climber? I seriously wonder if some of these guys just like to argue? :lol:
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:37 pm

dan wrote:Anybody see the comment from a guy saying he can easily hunt out of any of the trees I hunt out of with his climber? I seriously wonder if some of these guys just like to argue? :lol:

A climber? I'd say 90% of my trees you couldn't climb a tree with a climber. Some learner's I have trouble with long sticks climbing.
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:37 pm

dan wrote:Anybody see the comment from a guy saying he can easily hunt out of any of the trees I hunt out of with his climber? I seriously wonder if some of these guys just like to argue? :lol:

Dan I'd love to see you throw this guy a curve ball and actually agree with what he says - perhaps you let it slip you are working on making a Beast climber coming out later this year specifically for these tight spots :lol: :lol:
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:47 am

I think he's just trolling.

Anyway, I'm in the "sort of afraid of heights" category, about 15 feet is my max. And I need to pay more attention to cover. I've been picked off before, usually on a hill. Maybe I should ground hunt more in the hills if I can't get as high as I need to be. Maybe I should just hunt the swamp more. ;)
Twigs in my hair, don't care.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”