How fast can y’all climb with a hang on and sticks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

gsquared23

Re: How fast can y’all climb with a hang on and sticks?

Unread postby gsquared23 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:27 pm

It’s probably 30-45 minutes for me. I’m going slow trying not to make any noise. If noise wasn’t an option, it’s a 10 minute deal.

Bowhunting is not for the faint of heart. But fortune favors the bowed.
Coalcracker

Unread postby Coalcracker » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:43 am

Never really timed myself but somehow my estimates are always pretty darn close. 30 minutes from time I get to base of tree regardless if hang on set or climber and that includes getting all set in the tree, bow at the ready.
Anyone still have a Loggy climber? Best damn climber ever!! Light, quiet and easy to use. I prefer my climber but when the tree I need to be in requires the hang on that’s what I do.
Shoot Straight
tlholmes

Unread postby tlholmes » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:51 pm

Starting from base of tree, 20-25 mins then another 5 to set up when standing on the stand platform.
Climbing down and packing up is always 5-10 mins quicker.
He’ll see you twice, hear you three times, but he's only gonna smell you once.....
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:29 am

When I’m going in blind, hunting somewhere nasty thick or bow hunting I prefer my sticks and assault. When I’m gun hunting, already know the area and have a tree I can use a climber on, I prefer my climber.

I’m faster setting up and breaking down with climber. Im quieter and climbing is way less of a chore with my summit viper. It’s not cumbersome with a net style hammock seat, and even while hunting out of my climber I rarely sit down.

That said, I’m twice as likely to move spots if I’m in the wrong spot in my climber. Busting a move is important to make sure you aren’t wasting your time and if it’s much easier going up and down and I can use less effort, I’m being more proficient gun hunting with my climber.
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”