Anybody have video clips of shooting their deer ? ( archery)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Anybody have video clips of shooting their deer ? ( archery)

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:22 am

I want to get my first video of myself shooting a deer this year... I already have the camera arm and camera, just need to get to the season is all... Does anybody have any clips of themselves filming a kill with archery... I would like to look at some of us Do it yourself guys clips....

Southern Man
500 Club

Re: Anybody have video clips of shooting their deer ? ( arch

Unread postby Southern Man » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:10 am

Not sure how to post videos, hope this works. This was Christmas day morning 4-5 years ago. It was cold...and the camera didn't like it. A little blurry. I seen this gal come into the field 40-50 yards away and I set my camera where I was gonna shoot. I was in the open so I didn't want to be foolin around with the camera. I thought she would come right on in but it took her 17 minutes to cover that small distance. I called it "The Christmas Deer, Fat guy, and The Giant"

You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 am

Very cool Southern man ! I'm trying to come up with ideas for my video this fall, & the more videos I watch, the more I'm coming up with... thanks.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am

I might add a word of caution. Be careful not to let your videoing get in the way of hunting. Filming yourself is no easy task. Especially bowhunting. I haven't carried my camera in 2 years. It was gettin in the way hunting...... for me anyways. I didn't like the extra weight packing the camera and arm, it took alot of extra movement setting up and actually filming. I got to worrying too much about camera shot instead of the shot from the bow. Too much hassle for me ......now anyways. I might start it again some day but for now I'd rather concentrate on the bucks.

This is the first time I tried filming while hunting. I watched this doe come out of the woods and move along the edge of the woods on the far side of the field for days on end. I thought it was a sure thing. I set up on the ground beside some brush and wouldn't you know it, she came my way that day. She caught me with my hand on the camera trying to adjust it. I call it "Busted" :mrgreen:

You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”