Only One Hunting season should be allowed “SATIRE”

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Only One Hunting season should be allowed “SATIRE”

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:50 am

wolverinebuckman wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:It would certainly cut down on hunting pressure :lol:

One thing for sure if we’re only wearing loin cloths the early season skeeters will be murder. :o

Only the too dumb to know any better will be hunting then. It will only hurt for a little bit. :lol:

You just have to coat the rest of your body up with mud like Arnie in the Predator... It keeps the mosquitoes off!

Marsh muck works better. I know from experience. :lol:

wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:53 am

Dewey wrote:
wolverinebuckman wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:It would certainly cut down on hunting pressure :lol:

One thing for sure if we’re only wearing loin cloths the early season skeeters will be murder. :o

Only the too dumb to know any better will be hunting then. It will only hurt for a little bit. :lol:

You just have to coat the rest of your body up with mud like Arnie in the Predator... It keeps the mosquitoes off!

Marsh muck works better. I know from experience. :lol:

Yeah, and that stuff comes with its own special kind of scent killer too! 8-)
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:49 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Can someone please point me in the direction where I can find literature on the Indians running whitetails off a cliff! I have studied various tribes and have heard no such things. Now Buffalo which are like cattle could be herded and drove much like a cattle drive. They would sometimes run them off cliffs called Buffalo jumps when possible. If someone can round up a bunch of whitetail and force them to jump off a cliff I say go for it cause u r a bad hombre.

I’m under the impression that many folks believe Oct-Jan was Native American deer season. Somehow many believe they were sport hunting or just a leisurely hobby. It was infact a kill or die of starvation situation. They ate their own horses, dogs, and sometimes each other when times got bad. I don’t see how this gives someone a feeling of justification for their equipment choices.

Now Boogey, we all know most people just make up history as they go lol. Most attempts to justify choices are just that.... Attempts to justify their choice, however rational or unrational that may be. Logic and common sense are typically the first casualty.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”