Opening a can of Worms....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Drich

Re: Opening a can of Worms....

Unread postby Drich » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:55 am

Hanukkah and Christmas can co-exist without one ruining the meaning of the other. But crossbows can't be used at the same time as archery equipment without it changing what individuals believe to be archery or the 'bowhunting heritage.' Logic, meet window. It's not about facts, numbers, data. It's about personal beliefs of a meaning of a word. Like arguing religion.

<DK>
500 Club

Re: Opening a can of Worms....

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:10 am

stash59 wrote:
<DK> wrote:
stash59 wrote:And I'll say this 1 last time! In the grand skeem of things! Crossbows aren't having the negative effect on deer and or buck numbers that you anti crossbow people claim! 2nd you anti crossbow guys are in the minority now!!! So you can do a couple things! Accept it! Or continue to divide the deer hunting community! Which weakens our stance against the anti hunters!!

You literally just said true bowhunters are the minority now, not sure how that is a good thing at all! In fact its ridiculous and proves the point we are trying to make

No I did not!!!!! Your twisting what I said to suit your personal agenda!! I said anti crossbow people! I know plenty of bowhunters that would never pick up a crossbow to hunt! But they don't care if the next person does choose to!!!!

Youre right sorry , you didnt say that directly but thats the way I took it. Who are the most anti xbow people though ? Makes me wonder why have I bowhunted for 10 years and honed my skills, just so they can change the rules to get more money..

stash59 wrote:The only way we can make sure they know! Is by telling the government agencies our concerns! Also by organizing as a group and spreading your concerns amongst our fellow hunters! To increase the size of the group!!

This is true however - im not sure agencies would care or even listen at this point bc its too much money involved.

I am pretty sure Pope & Young does not allow them. I saw a post from them about whether they should be allowed in the books and majority said No. In fact, even older guys that use them said No. So I really cant feel that bad about my beliefs.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”