Pulled cam from all season last year.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Re: Pulled cam from all season last year.

Unread postby oldrank » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:27 am

Nice looking bucks.

Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 am

Man I love seeing big bucks
Strategically Inefficient
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:34 pm

Ghost is a dandy of a buck. It's always refreshing to know that there's some big bucks running around on public. I know that our little back 40 has seen an increase in mature bucks over the past few years near the TN River.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:32 am

Trail wrote:Ghost is a dandy of a buck. It's always refreshing to know that there's some big bucks running around on public. I know that our little back 40 has seen an increase in mature bucks over the past few years near the TN River.

Whats funny is the area ghost lives in has very minimal sign. Their is a small handful of rubs from years past but none the last two years.

I think theirs more big bucks around on public then ppl realize they just don't rub very much in the south.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:00 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
Trail wrote:Ghost is a dandy of a buck. It's always refreshing to know that there's some big bucks running around on public. I know that our little back 40 has seen an increase in mature bucks over the past few years near the TN River.

Whats funny is the area ghost lives in has very minimal sign. Their is a small handful of rubs from years past but none the last two years.

I think theirs more big bucks around on public then ppl realize they just don't rub very much in the south.

The lack of sign in most spots has definitely thrown a curveball these past few years in my scouting. Even in areas where I find large tracks and have pictures of mature bucks I rarely find any rubs.

I can see why a lot of people doubt that big bucks live on public, especially in states that don't produce many big bucks even on private. Mature bucks tending to be recluses, low deer densities, and most public land hunters opting to stay near the parking lots and trails are all a recipe for most only seeing a few big mature bucks on public over their time hunting. Plus with how hot and nasty it can be in the south it can be a battle even getting back into the thick and nastiest places that the mature bucks like to reside in.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:27 am

8-)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”