My thoughts are with our Ukrainian friends

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

The Silence

My thoughts are with our Ukrainian friends

Unread postby The Silence » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:22 am

My wife and I raised our 4 kids in Ukraine from 1994-2005. We were missionaries. I call my friends every day to find out how we can help and what situations they are in. Our team, who worked together in our past,
are in regular contact with each other so that we can pull together information from many of the people we know throughout the country.

Several people we know have ask us if what they see on TV is an accurate picture of what is going on in Ukraine--I assured them it is. It is not uncommon for us to know exactly where some of the war footage is being filmed
since we have contact with people who live close to where it actually happened. For instance, my best friend lives within a mile and a half where that tank column was shot up at along that highway leading into Kiev the other
day.

Please keep the Ukrainian people in your thoughts and prayers. My family and our dear friends would really appreciate it. Thanks.

SneakyHunter

Re: My thoughts are with our Ukrainian friends

Unread postby SneakyHunter » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:06 am

Hopefully at some point Putin pokes his head up out of his bunker like a groundhog and there's a good guy waiting.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:15 am

Terrible situation, no doubt.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:42 pm

Very sorry for your friends.

Also thanks for relaying some first hand knowledge of the situation with your contacts. If you don’t mine me asking, care to share any other further information that you have heard? Was there any truth to russia mission to take out some biolabs? What do they think Putin really wants?
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:31 pm

So sorry to hear of the suffering of your Ukrainian friends.
It's so unnecessary.

Also, please keep the poor Russian people in your prayers too; many old, and not-so-old Russian women are also grieving their dead sons, sent off under some false pretenses to die in a conflict they really wanted nothing to do with.

And unlike so many Americans now facing the ugly reality of having to live under Biden, they can't be blamed for "voting him in".
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:22 pm

SneakyHunter wrote:Hopefully at some point Putin pokes his head up out of his bunker like a groundhog and there's a good guy waiting.

X2
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:21 pm

The Silence wrote:My wife and I raised our 4 kids in Ukraine from 1994-2005. We were missionaries. I call my friends every day to find out how we can help and what situations they are in. Our team, who worked together in our past,
are in regular contact with each other so that we can pull together information from many of the people we know throughout the country.

Several people we know have ask us if what they see on TV is an accurate picture of what is going on in Ukraine--I assured them it is. It is not uncommon for us to know exactly where some of the war footage is being filmed
since we have contact with people who live close to where it actually happened. For instance, my best friend lives within a mile and a half where that tank column was shot up at along that highway leading into Kiev the other
day.

Please keep the Ukrainian people in your thoughts and prayers. My family and our dear friends would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I’d love to hear more about your time in the mission field.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”