Two questions

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Two questions

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:36 am

I was going through my journal from this past season and I had written down two questions.

If you have a deer come through after legal time. How long do you sit? Why?

If you have success in a certain tree over a certain bedding area, is it good year after year?

Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Re: Two questions

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:44 am

I generally will sit until I think they are gone or until I feel I will have little impact on them when I climb down.

I do this because I would rather not spook them where I am hunting. Of course there are exceptions where I hunt...like what time check station closes and how far back I am. I may go ahead and get down if if think i will be late getting to the check station. And also if I think it is a target buck I will sit even longer and try not to spook it at all.

For question 2. I think it could be good year after year depending on the pressure it sees.
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:07 am

#1. if i plan to kill it, or come back to that tree I probably will wait for it to pass... But most of the time I just spook it off climbing down... #2, yes, in a lot of cases that tree, if not over hunted, will pay off year afyer year
upwind predator
500 Club

Unread postby upwind predator » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 am

If I have deer come through after legal time, I wait till there gone, coyote howl with my mouth, or if I don't plan on coming back to that spot I get down and spook them in the process. Yes if not overhunted it will produce year after year within reason.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:14 am

1. If it's a buck I will wait if it's a doe I'm climbing down.

2. If you have a good spot then keep it as a good spot by not over hunting it. Hopefully you have wrote down in your journal when the spot is good. Date and weather, etc.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”