Go hunt insider

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swamp Stache

Go hunt insider

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:24 am

Tried the search function but no dice. Was wondering if anyone has used Go Hunt insider for planning an out of state elk trip. Trying to research a few states right now for application area ideas. Seems like a handy tool you can search areas by draw odds,harvest stats, and public land percentage. Just wondering if anyone has used it and if it's worth the 150 a year price tag. Not cheap but if it helps not end up in area with real low game numbers it may be money well spent.

It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
Usi05

Re: Go hunt insider

Unread postby Usi05 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:43 pm

I use it. It’s pretty handy.

PM me if you have specific questions
Pancake

Unread postby Pancake » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:30 pm

I use it a lot. It's worth noting that pretty much everything you can find on Go Hunt, you can also find on each state's website, so the information is freely available elsewhere, but the convenience of having it all in one place is unmatched.

You mention game numbers, which is one place that I think Go Hunt is lacking in, but they still have some information for some states. And they also do have buck:doe and bull:cow ratios for some states as well, which can be very handy. Again, nothing that you couldn't find on, for example, the Wyoming Fish and Game website.

The filtering and draw odds sections are extremely helpful. They also have individual unit profiles. Sometimes those profiles are a little generic, but they'll give you a general idea of access, topography, public land, etc. One other item that's really helpful is their strategy articles. Those are species-specific breakdowns of individual states that are loaded with detail.

I feel like I'm a bit of an informercial for Go Hunt right now, but I basically live on it during the off season, and it's been worth every penny in my opinion. It helped put me on a great elk area last year, and I'm banking on it helping out with my decisions for western applications this year.
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:37 pm

Thanks for the replies. I see that they have a 7 day free trial. I think I'll start with that. Wyoming Montana and Colorado are the leading options so far. Applications start this week so I have some work to do.
clandestine.misfit

Unread postby clandestine.misfit » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:50 pm

I echo what pancake said. With the addition that there’s a staff to help you. Wether it’s with gear recommendations or help navigating the site or with how to apply. There’s also shopping with a rewards points based kickback. And articles.

Also their maps are sick
Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:02 am

I think it's a great tool. I subscribe annually.
Usi05

Unread postby Usi05 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:19 pm

One thing my buddies have done is read about units and comments from folks that have hunted them and then they connected with those folks to discuss. I haven’t personally done it but I see a lot of email addresses exchanged when researching

Always love seeing people help other people
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:30 pm

Two days in on the trial and the amount of information is pretty incredible. Seem to have a pretty thorough writeup on each area. Just wish there was a month by month option Instead of just the year for $149..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”