Lucifer and Ricky-poo

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

welded34
500 Club

Re: Lucifer and Ricky-poo

Unread postby welded34 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:33 am

Nice doe!
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:15 am

I picked up a lot of good tips on driving deer from this video. I got into deer hinting late in life and my in-laws have all these strong opinions that they have tried to pass on to me. We hunt bluff country and the like to post people up on the ridge while one person goes below the cliff faces to push bedded deer up to the posters. They always talk about how well this used to work. I have yet to even hear a shot go off since I have joined this camp and participated in this drive. I usually am the one walk the cliff faces and pushing deer now. They always tell me to make as much noise as possible. “Throw rocks, break branches, etc. while you walk.” They also always talk about how good this drive works when it’s unseasonably cold outside because the deer will bed on the south facing slopes to soak up some sun, ha!
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Ricks a warrior. Hes really paying his dues. About time to cash in.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Watching it now. Crap luck for Rick...or crap boots.
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:48 am

Great video. Thanks for puttng that together, I know it takes quite a bit of time. I miss the days of driving those marshes. Used to do that a lot when I was a kid for my dad and the elders in our deer camp.
Last edited by MichiganMike on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:50 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Watching it now. Crap luck for Rick...or crap boots.

Thats what I was thinking too. Pretty low quality rubber for a stick to poke through
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:52 am

The soles on the TideWe have zero protection from punctures. I poked a hole in one last spring and while it hurt and left a mark, I thankfully didn’t get impaled like El Ricko. Not sure if the Muck or other brands offer better protection, but the TideWe’s are terrible that way. I don’t think I’ll buy them again.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 am

greenhorndave wrote:

The soles on the TideWe have zero protection from punctures. I poked a hole in one last spring and while it hurt and left a mark, I thankfully didn’t get impaled like El Ricko. Not sure if the Muck or other brands offer better protection, but the TideWe’s are terrible that way. I don’t think I’ll buy them again.

Yeah I had Itascas a few years back and werent that great either. they started to dry rot and the rubber on the soles cracked and leaked. Get what you pay for I guess. Ive been using DryShod over the last few years and defintely have a beefier sole. So far so good.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:13 am

That was a big doe that Dan ended up shooting.
Fat, evidently not stressed or run hard prior, and a clean Bang/Flop kill.

She's gonna be about as good eating as it gets...
treeroot
500 Club

Unread postby treeroot » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:17 am

I've tried several different boots. Most of them would get a hole through them if I stood on my climbing sticks for a hunt or two. I've never had a pair of mucks last a whole season. So far these are still my go to. https://us.kamik.com/collections/men-me ... icebreaker

I get about two years out of them before the felt liners start getting warn through. I've never put a hole in a pair.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:58 am

treeroot wrote:I've tried several different boots. Most of them would get a hole through them if I stood on my climbing sticks for a hunt or two. I've never had a pair of mucks last a whole season. So far these are still my go to. https://us.kamik.com/collections/men-me ... icebreaker

I get about two years out of them before the felt liners start getting warn through. I've never put a hole in a pair.

Those look pretty nice, just wish they were taller.

I also have some 1600 gram Lacrosse knee boots that are tall (18 inches) and I haven’t had any issues with them at all. Kind of the get what you pay for deal.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:43 am

Very nice! Hate it for Rick though.
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”