Aider for climbing sticks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tlholmes

Aider for climbing sticks

Unread postby tlholmes » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:32 am

I use 4-5 sticks when climbing to my desired height. I have an aider made and tied to the bottom step of each stick which works fine, but always a hassle to wrap around each stick and put sticks together for transport.
I’ve watched several videos and I want to try the single continuous loop aider. The one where you take off each time and out on the next step up. I feel like this will be easier and again the idea is less weight.
For you guys using this kind of set up, what type of material did you use to make your aider and/or a website to order it from?

Thanks

He’ll see you twice, hear you three times, but he's only gonna smell you once.....
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Re: Aider for climbing sticks

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:18 am

Mine is made out if 1” Mil Spec Tubular webbing with a water knot to make it into a loop. I put a small piece of vinyl hose inside the webbing to give some rigidity where i put my foot. It has a minimum break strength of 4000 lbs so plenty strong for an aider.

Eastern Woods Outdoors sells some by the foot so you can buy exactly what you need.

https://doublesteps.com/product/1-mil-s ... webbing-2/
tlholmes

Unread postby tlholmes » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:25 am

I’m looking at your link now. Thanks, appreciate the help
He’ll see you twice, hear you three times, but he's only gonna smell you once.....
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:21 am

Micah

Unread postby Micah » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:59 am

Looking into this as well since I like to pack light with 2-3 sticks.

Check this link out, they make aiders specifically for beast sticks and other brands.

https://customamsteelproducts.com/colle ... ick-aiders
stewarttr

Unread postby stewarttr » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:11 am

These guys make a good movable aider, or if you are just doing one step aider maybe the versa aider is the way to go. https://www.backwoodsmobilegear.com/
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 pm

I have used several different aider type set ups. Wire aiders, webbing single step aiders, moveable aiders, knaiders.... by far, my favorite is the knaider.

The knaider is the safest of them all because it has a solid connection point at both ends. What that means is that the knee hook locked onto the bottom step is a rigid connection and the foot loop is strapped to my boot the whole time (climbing and hunting). No fishing for it in the dark on the descend. All the aider systems, including the knaider, have the solid toe into the tree connection.

I think a double step stick is required for the knaider to work the best.

I see Eastern Outdoors and Backwoods Mobile Gear both offer knaiders. I would recommend trying one and see what you think.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”