Need Some Advice

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JD732

Need Some Advice

Unread postby JD732 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:01 am

Afternoon,

My name is Jim and I hunt in New Jersey. This is my first year beast style hunting and I am in need of some advice. This is a pieve of public that I recently speed scouting the top of the ridge. The top of the ridge is littered with very fresh scrape and rub lines. The poop is large and the rubs are high. The rub to right of the brown doe bedding is about chest high,

The rub/scrape lines at the top of the ridge is an oak flat littered with white and red oaks. There is a sign post rub and a large community scrape (I placed a trail Camera). The smalles scraper and tons of fresh buck poop lead down a drainage into the swamp. The teal bedding is where i found a ton of old and fresh large buck poop so much so that it appears he is spending a large amount of time there. Is that a night time bed near the oaks? The yellow is where i believe i may have a morning sit opporunity on a N wind (let me know what you think). I followed a trail down the draininge into the swamp. The poop confirms the travel route but the large buck sign stops near the teal bedding marker.

The brown is doe bedding on along a creek with swamp grass. The Crossing looks like two valleys it's being used so much. There is a large bed just south of the crossing right along a tiny bow in the creek.

Fellas I'm open to as much input as humanly possible. THANKS!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ghost Hunter

Re: Need Some Advice

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:36 am

I really hate to give my thoughts of something such as this without more history. I have always been one of those that will look for good area with all right stuff then go in a confirm. So much can change.

Wish you luck. Clock is ticking now. Time to get it done. Look at it this way you will have lots of history to look at this coming year with place.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Some pretty good looking pinch points between the road and that little swamp. Not a bad time to start hunting some pinch points, especially near doe bedding.
Strategically Inefficient
JD732

Unread postby JD732 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:57 pm

Thank you fellas. I had some success in lat October but believe i shot high and lost the track. I appreciate the help!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”