Why just why? Are we that small?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: Why just why? Are we that small?

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:46 pm

The negative reaction is almost instinctively kicking in on social media. People do it without thinking.
A reality that is not appreciated at all is the "non-hunters" pop off and comment all over on a hunting site like "Outdoor life". We probably don't snoop around and add our 2 cents on the "anti, non hunting, animal rights" websites. Let's push them away and take care of our own.

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:02 pm

Thanks for posting this wolfie. I'm glad someone did. Its good to keep ourselves in check. I would say that the thread you mention bothered me a bit too and was also being discussed by moderators. I don't think its wrong to throw in some funny comments but full on mockery of someone just ain't right.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:22 pm

hunter_mike wrote:...I don't think its wrong to throw in some funny comments but full on mockery of someone just ain't right.

Can you provide more insight into what was bothering you about the possible mocking incident?
Swamp Beast

Unread postby Swamp Beast » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:46 pm

I thought it was funny. And there were still plenty that actively helped, whether they poked fun or not. I think people are becoming too sensitive.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:23 pm

Swamp Beast wrote:I thought it was funny. And there were still plenty that actively helped, whether they poked fun or not. I think people are becoming too sensitive.

I know what your saying. We get pretty brutal to each other at work all the time. The problem I have with stuff online is you don’t know if the poster is 50 or 15 and if its someone older its usually no big deal but a lot of times it is someone younger and they can take that stuff a lot more to heart.
Earn what’s never given.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:43 pm

szwampdonkey wrote:If that thread offended someone they’ve never been to deer camp up north thats for sure.

That's the reason a lot of those deer camps fade or fizzle out. I watched a couple thriving hunting camps die cause of some "dude" who couldn't keep his flap shut about something or other.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:22 am

sureshotscott wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:...I don't think its wrong to throw in some funny comments but full on mockery of someone just ain't right.

Can you provide more insight into what was bothering you about the possible mocking incident?

Sure. Basically any overly sarcastic and impersonal responses to the original question at the beginning of the thread do not really add too much value to what the guy started the thread for. Seems to just be a lot of nonsense to sift through for what started as a serious question.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:37 am

Rich M wrote:
szwampdonkey wrote:If that thread offended someone they’ve never been to deer camp up north thats for sure.

That's the reason a lot of those deer camps fade or fizzle out. I watched a couple thriving hunting camps die cause of some "dude" who couldn't keep his flap shut about something or other.

People are WAY too easily offended nowadays.
Swamp Beast

Unread postby Swamp Beast » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:19 am

wolfie729 wrote:
Swamp Beast wrote:I thought it was funny. And there were still plenty that actively helped, whether they poked fun or not. I think people are becoming too sensitive.

I know what your saying. We get pretty brutal to each other at work all the time. The problem I have with stuff online is you don’t know if the poster is 50 or 15 and if its someone older its usually no big deal but a lot of times it is someone younger and they can take that stuff a lot more to heart.

Thats a good thing to remind everyone of. There are younglings amongst us, and most likely they are here without their parents knowing. I'm not opposed to teasing children, though. There's definitely a fine line there.
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:48 am

[/quote] People are WAY too easily offended nowadays.[/quote]

I agree....BUT here is the deal. It isn't up to the person doing the offending to tell the offended what they are allowed to be offended by. If you don't know to whom you are speaking its best to err on the side of caution. Its simply good manners which is a skill set sorely missing in today's world.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 am

wolfie729 wrote:I recently saw a post on the beast about diet and scent control rather than people saying you dont need to do that it was constant be littleing and just purely distasteful. We are better than this the hunting community as a whole needs to come together I was looking at some social media tonight and watching people badger about a guys shooting a small buck. We should congratulate that person like our kids just won the game! But for some unknown damn reason we can’t we have to make people feel small in order to make ourselves feel bigger. I am so sick and tired of it! I don’t even post my bucks on social anymore because I feel it wi fuel some jackasses fire. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS. This is why I have always loved this site because it was positive guys talking positive tactics and growing together. We didnt all start following dan because his footage was awesome or because he had the latest cool camo we followed him because he was real world and we could relate to him. And I know I have my faults as well but by god treat people the way you would want someone to treat your spouse and children.
Rang over.

Great post! I agree 100%. Whatever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all"! There's alot of times I don't even respond to a thread or start a thread anymore.
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:20 am

briar wrote:
People are WAY too easily offended nowadays.[/quote]

I agree....BUT here is the deal. It isn't up to the person doing the offending to tell the offended what they are allowed to be offended by. If you don't know to whom you are speaking its best to err on the side of caution. Its simply good manners which is a skill set sorely missing in today's world.[/quote]

Totally 100% agree. BUT here is the deal as i was taught BEFORE social media and the internet created the politically correct monster we have today.

Someone offends you DEAL WITH IT. Laugh it off and move on.

I saw the thread being discussed and 1. Didn’t see a single thing on it i took as being downright egregious, rude, or intentionally offensive and 2. i didn’t see the guy who posted it overly upset. Appears it’s more others being upset for the guy.

I commented to the guy who asked about changing his diet that he shouldn’t worry about it, laugh the whole thread off, and adjust his diet if he really thinks it will help reduce his scent.

And i stand by that comment. If more people would learn to just shrug stuff off, not be so thin skinned, and do what THEY think is best this country in general would be a lot better off than it is at the moment.

Now, i’d agree with a lot of this post if people were legit calling this guy stupid or otherwise bullying this guy but that’s not what happened.

Ultimately, he got the answer he was looking for. Adjusting your diet won’t mean a hill of beans to whether or not the deer can smell you. Shouldnt matter people cracked a bunch of jokes to drive that point home. He is still free to try it if he wants and report back his results.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:26 am

Double post
Last edited by Bowhunting Brian on Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:26 am

john1984 wrote:No more Biden jokes either. Agree ?

Why, did you vote for him? Bahahaha
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:32 am

It was all in good fun. Nothing offensive was said, no insults thrown around, etc.

Don't take it so seriously...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”