Beast mini's?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

austin1990
500 Club

Re: Beast mini's?

Unread postby austin1990 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:10 am

wolfie729 wrote:
dan wrote:
wolfie729 wrote:Whats the real world weight savings compared to LW original sticks?

If I remember correctly, I think the L/W sticks are over 4 pounds each... Correct me if Im wrong. That would bean either size beast stick is less than 1/2 the weight.

According to their site they are 2.5lbs but I am not sure if thats with or without strap

I know the XOP full lengths used to say 2.5 lb each too, but the ones I had were 3.7 lb hunt ready. I actually liked them but they were to damn heavy.

I usually 1 stick climb with a stick I built myself, but I have 2 beast sticks I'll use sometimes if I'm going into an area that has a lot of limby gnarly trees.

GeneralLee

Unread postby GeneralLee » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:44 am

wolfie729 wrote:
GeneralLee wrote:
wolfie729 wrote:Whos using them? Aiders or no aiders? I had the full length but they were too long for me.

Previously had two full lengths and one mini due to an order issue last year. I had ordered two minis, and changed my order to two full lengths, and they sent me two of each by accident. So I emailed them and Mario told me to keep one of the minis for being honest about the situation and sent me a return label for the other. Well I just recently ordered 3 more minis and got them in last night along with stealth strips and cable aiders to go with them. I personally love cable aiders, they’re super easy to use IMO. Stealth stripped and with the added cable aiders each stick comes in at 2.0 lbs even. This was done by me standing on a scale with a stick in my hand then without so it may not be 100% accurate. I’m anxious to see if I will like using the attachment rod threaded in to the beast stand when it comes in tomorrow, or if I will opt to go a different route.

What length aiders did you go with?

I went with 20”. Got my beast stand in on Friday and got to test it over the weekend and I’m really impressed how great of a combo the sticks and stand are together. The sticks hang outside the stand a little, but you don’t even notice it. I busted through a 6 ft tall yaupon thicket for 200 yds and they didn’t hold me back at all but I’m also a pretty big framed guy at 6’3” 260.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PAhntr91

Unread postby PAhntr91 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:55 pm

I’m using them with a 18 cable aider. There awesome. Perfect size to pack sideways on my pack. Super light compared to what I was using. Can’t recommend them enough
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:22 pm

I caved and bought 4 and 2-22” cable aiders as it was all they had in stock
Earn what’s never given.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”