Cold front

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Djohnst15

Cold front

Unread postby Djohnst15 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Have been waiting for a W/NW wind as well as a cold front to hunt this spot, there Is an Apple tree in the crp that’s destroyed with rubs and scrapes,my question is should I set the stand over looking that very tree? Buck bedding is in the blue to the west of the rubs and markers.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moose
500 Club

Re: Cold front

Unread postby Moose » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:11 pm

Do you have any cameras set out? If you do and your getting daytime pictures at the tree then I would set up to where you get the best shot at the buck but not in the apple tree itself. If no camera then I would scout slowly trying to find fresh buck sign and set up there.
Djohnst15

Unread postby Djohnst15 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:07 am

The rub farthest to the west was very fresh, found blood as well as velvet remains on the ground
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:41 am

That would be fresh sign if it's still wet blood. If you found the rub early morning then he made it during dark and that's no good to you. If it's wet blood you found in the afternoon I would set up right away!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”