Welcome change

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Coalcracker

Welcome change

Unread postby Coalcracker » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:13 pm

My wife and I have been together for over twenty years and as a youth she did some rifle hunting. She wasn't a fan of rifle hunting but did it more for family comradery. She loves deer meat and has always enjoyed being in nature. Well, this summer, she hit me up with..."I'd like to try bow hunting"

Let it be said, let it be done!!
She's all geared up and ready to go!

Later today she and I will hit the woods together to hunt for the first time!! I'm truly blessed and excited to share the best sport in the world!

I welcome this change for many reasons but the one I really want to point out is: Enjoy life with the ones you love, savor every moment and share all you can, we just don't know when times up. I'm certainly not getting any younger.

With that said, it does change my approach a "little" when it comes to chasing down big bucks. She wants to enjoy not endure, sweat, bleed and suffer for any deer. So, once a week or more if she wants, we will hit the woods in search of "deer". She doesn't like the taste of ole' Mossy Horns anyway! LOL

Shoot Straight
Ryan549
500 Club

Re: Welcome change

Unread postby Ryan549 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:19 pm

I think the wives get a bad rap as being the naggers. Truth be told, I would love to have my wife drag my bucks out of the woods for me.
All kidding aside, it would be nice for her to venture out on a few hunts with me.
Seems like you are living the good life, enjoy!
Ryan
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:41 pm

If I just gave my bucks cute little names like the TV pro's, Im pretty sure Carol would join me... A buck would not even have a chance with her if I gave it a name like: Biden, or Schumer, or a doe named Pelosi... I named a wild boar Obama once and she was like "Kill that thing!!!" All kidding aside, its great to hunt as a family. Dont push her to hard, just keep it fun and keep the extreme hunts to times when your alone... Heck, there aint to many men I would take on my extreme hunts...
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:39 am

Nice!! My guy introduced me to bow hunting when all I ever did before was gun hunt. Most always from the ground because I didn't like heights. And it became such an obsession, I don't want to gun hunt any more. And then after a few years of that, I only wanted to hunt bucks. That led me here, and because I'm older, I don't grind it out as hard as most of you guys, but I'm sure having more fun than I ever did. All that to say, you might be surprised a few years down the road when she wants more of a challenge!
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:37 am

Awesome. Good luck. Don't tell her every little thing that she is doing wrong :lol: :lol:
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:40 am

Very cool. You're very blessed to have a family on the same page with you who supports hunting and wants to be involved.
Maverick1

Unread postby Maverick1 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:53 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Awesome. Good luck. Don't tell her every little thing that she is doing wrong :lol: :lol:

Good advice when taking her hunting, too! :lol:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No sponsors. No camera crew. No team. Just me and my bow. And that’s the way I prefer it.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:52 am

Thats awesome! You two should really enjoy it best of luck!
Earn what’s never given.
American_Regular

Unread postby American_Regular » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:26 am

Sounds like it will be a season to remember for the both of you. Soak it up and don't take a minute for granted. Best of luck to you both.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”